what to buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2000warrior350 said:
which jet do i need ?? i only need to change to main jet ...correct?..mods will include pipe and filter and drilled box...i was told to change to a 148-150 main jet ,any idea which one that is on this page...as i dont wanna buy a $50 kit just to use one jet

http://www.sudco.com/mikunijets.html

You will need the Mikuni "large round" main.

cool .. so large round main ...#150 it is then , thanks for all you advice and help , function over looks
is a good idea ...i think i'll just get some new/used stock arms as my right side a-arms(top and bottom) are smashed in atleast 50% of the way

I don't know much about them but i'm pretty sure they're basically the same thing as stock, not really going to be much of an improvement. They'll still be a damper rod shock with single rate spring like the stock one, better to spend more for a built-to-specs aftermarket one.

i agree with yamarider, my buddy had a set of progressives they are like stock replacements, go with some works or elkas. I can tell you on a woods bike 90% of bike is in suspension and tires, 10% in power. pipe sounds good and gives decent upgrade in power but get yourself some nerfs, bumper, tires, and front shocks, a bike set at about 44-46 inches is ideal for the woods so take some measurements go from there. then if u have money left over get the pipe, ect.

missouritrailrider said:
i agree with yamarider, my buddy had a set of progressives they are like stock replacements, go with some works or elkas. I can tell you on a woods bike 90% of bike is in suspension and tires, 10% in power. pipe sounds good and gives decent upgrade in power but get yourself some nerfs, bumper, tires, and front shocks, a bike set at about 44-46 inches is ideal for the woods so take some measurements go from there. then if u have money left over get the pipe, ect.

interesting thought there......you know it the simple things that are so offten over looked.... until you hear it u really dont think of it that way (or atleast i didnt) u make a very good point about being 90% suspension/tires.....i cant count the number of times ive been haulin ass in the trails and come across a bumpy section and it about jars me off the bike , where as my buddies on there 400's and whatever else might be there with us just fly right over it and mantain speed , i mean i can keep up too if i wanna jar my teeth out and have a sore back the next day ..
so if i end up keepin the warrior i think i will look into a high quality suspension and somr new front tires b4 i do anything else

Yes, very good idea. Best upgrade on my last warrior was the works front shocks and banshee rear, and those shocks were not even set up completely perfect for my bike but in woods it was 100% better than stock, i've ridden with people on 300exs that keep up in woods its a lot suspension and also rider

oh dont get me wrong i can ride (IMO) i rode three wheeler forever i rode a 83 200x honda atc
all the other guys were on 300ex,400ex, and warriors they couldnt get away from me in the trails
the 200x rode ALOT different than a quad . and the warrior is ALOT heavier and stiff butlike i said if it doesnt sell in the next few weeks ill be upgradin the shocks

ok ..well i made a purchase

my warrior was weathered and beaten retty bad , granted i traded a 3 wheeler for it not much money has went into it

but instead of buying all new parts and sand blasting the frame and spendong months trying to get in all pretty and rust free

i just bought another warrior that was already pretty ......much ezer

it has full body armor that goes from up under the front hood down the front and all the way underneath

a REAL front bumper!

and even a rear bumper

six pack grab bar

new itp hole shots all the way around

nerf nets<<which i dont want ...any takers??

full cobra system <<<not the greatest by far but sound good ....

pretty hand guards

and the frame /motor/shocks arent all stained and rusted

i just put a 150 main and 47.5 pilot in it today

only bad thing that ive found so far is it need rear axle bearings ... which i ordered today

it even still has the factory tool kit with it

it isnt new but looks and runs WAYY better than my old one

the rear end is torn apart right now awaiting bearings ill post some pics as soon as i get those in

thanks for all the help/suggestions

well kinda ^^^^^

i sold my other one to a girl .... (my wifes friend)

she lives 10mins down the road , and doesnt know much about atvs(shecalled yesterday sayin "the 4wheeler wont start..it trys to start but wont" she was tryin to start it in 20 degrees without the choke, so it was flooded) so ill be doing all the up keep on it still and can ride it whenever needed , so i maintain 2 but only "own " one

ill post pics as soon as i get my new bearings in , should be here in a day or two

not really , cause anytime somethin needs to be done to her warrior i get to go over there
and shes pretty hot ....great big boobitcals....and i get to wacth her ride it around her bouncy yard just to make sure everything bounces as it should after im done ....

Latest posts

Back