what to buy?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
so im gettin taxes back soon as are everyoneelse aand i was wondering what to buy for the warrior , it is bone stock.

i was thinkin of the oil cooler mod i was gonna go with the big bear setup over drillin the case just for the simple fact that im unsure what to do exactly .....unless someone on here would like to drill it and fill in the galley for me ?....

maybe a pipe ? but if i do that then i will have to rejet and once again im unsure exactly what to do there as well

any suggestions of what to buy or any offers from anyone to tap my case or if u got one for sale .......money is some what an issue 2-500 at the most im not lookin to make it into a speed racer just a few simple mods to help it out a bit . let me know what and where you think i should start

thaNKS

^I second that, or maybe some new rubber, skid plate, filter upgrade or a different sprocket combo. A real bumper perhaps? Oil cooler helps more so on modded engines. Try and do what you can to get more power.

lol ..... what u dont like my bumper ??? ....it was an bent up bumper that someone had thrown away , an when i got my warrior it didnt have one, so i welded a pipe to it and made one

ok , well as i said about jetting im unsure about which jetting change to what , if i understand it correctly i should just change the main jet to a 148 or 150 and thats it , someone who knows correct me if im wrong...

and i already have a different sprocket setup and a skid plate

im running with no airbox lid, K&N air filter, and supertrapp pipe with a 148 main jet.

yea hes listed that one sevral times , it isnt complete still need the galley filled ....im not sure about that , im sure it isnt too diffucult though

look on ebay for a Hmf pipe that comes with a main jet.. good tires help alot if yours are wore out.

Simple green worked for me better than anything else to get those engine cases cleaned up. Pressure washer is a very bad idea directly on the engine, it'll blow out the seals if you hit them the wrong way and then you're fucked. I rarely touch my quads with a pressure washer and if i do, it's from 2 or 3 feet away, that high pressure forces the mud and water into places it shouldn't be and won't dry out, into suspension pivots, bearings, gaskets, shock seals, pretty much everywhere water will cause mayhem and destruction.

I've always powerwashed, just not an idiot that blasts it with a line jet and stands on-top of it. Throw on a fan tip and stand back a bit. Don't be afraid to get in there with your hands too. I like the powerwasher because its got more power then the garden hose which just doesn't cut it. If you ride in mud and water a lot, water and mud is going to get into places regardless, its just part of owning these things.

^^ i agree with deadlast after the party we have up my way you have no choice but to use a pressure washer but like he siad be smart about.

Another good cheap product is Spray & Wash laundry stain remover. You can buy a big refill size container at Costco for a few bucks. Recommended by a friend that owns a service garage says it works better than the pricey professional stuff.

headache said:
look on ebay for a Hmf pipe that comes with a main jet.. good tires help alot if yours are wore out.
I bought my pipe on ebey but they sent me the wrong type of main, it was for a keihin. But it was only $230 shipping included and you pick what ever color you want. A pipe definetly makes the biggest difference for a simple upgrade along with a k&n. As for rejetting, its not that crazy. Just one step at a time and take a pic w/ a digital camera for each step if needed. Before you know it you'll be taking them apart in your sleep.

i can take a carb apart and clean it and reassemble it with no problem...just wasnt sure what jets were what and what to change , but from what im understanding here all i need to do is change the main jet to a 148 or 150 ....which i know what and where the main is now.. but thanks for all the ideas guys , keepem comin,...i have an update as far as i budget goes , looks like ill have a bit more to spend than i thought ill have about $1200 give or take,now my delima is weather to put money into the warrior or move up to a 400ex,ltz,kfx,etc.. ...so farif i keep the warrior my purchases will be (keep in mind i got this quad off a guy that left it outside in the rain and weather for a long time because he said it didnt run so there is rust , and it looks alot older than it is)

im not really a fan of tearing into the motor so big bores and that sort of thing r not in the plan , i want it to remain as reliable as possibale(yes i know i cant spelll)

new front tires(dunlops)<<cause they r cheap

stock front wheels sliver> the ones on it are off a 88 and ugly

upgrade the a-arms or replace with stock< the right upper and lower are bent pretty bad , someone hit somthen HARD, but it still steers and rides fine

shocks...>>>>suggestions

some sort of pipe?? .......suggestions>>

jet kit.... i guess just the main jet...<<<maybe another carb...stock,or aftermarket, as my float wont stop sticking (yes ive cleaned it several times) the little needle that holds the float to the carb WILL NOT COME OUT, ive even tried to drive it out with a punch but it doesnt move at all

new front bumper..

handle bars< as mine are stock and rusted all to hell

ez pull clucth perch and 04 raptor cable setup

big bear oil cooler

other than that im not sure ....i am thankful for any suggestions you guys have and where to look for these parts

thanks !!

Back