What did you do to your quad today?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The diaphragm in the stock carb is either torn, or, not seated in it's groove in the top of the carb, causing it to seal poorly.

Took the steering stem out of my brothers warrior. It went up a tree on a hill climb and landed on the handle bars. Lol. He thought he could straighten it with a pipe bender. Big fail.

trimmed my front fender, made my own dashboard for neutral and reverse light and charged my battery.

Think I found the reason the slide wasn't going up on the stock Wolverine carb
71aaac5bf40649997ea8fef03fda07b2.jpg

150d42363f796d885d4b78f67503199e.jpg
8bb6b7ed89f3e21a261fdb902845411b.jpg

It's cracked so the vacuum created by the carb can't pull the slide up. When I screw the cover to carb the Crack opens right up so it's unable to create vacuum because that is the end of the air galley that goes to the slide diaphram.
Anyone know where I can get a new side cover like this for a 99 Wolverine 350 carb?
Boats.net shows it in the parts finch but it's not listed as a part you can buy

Last edited:
Gonna try to seal the Crack with gorilla glue since this part can't be purchased separately have to buy whole carb

So the gorilla glue failed so I'm gonna have to try plastic welding the Crack and maybe try a flatter O-ring cause the one that goes there is what caused it to Crack because it pushes it out when bolted to carb and I cant find any good used stock parts carbs for 96-05 Wolverines only the 1st gen 95 and 3rd Gen 06+

What about a warrior of raptor 350 carb? I have a mikuni btm from my warrior that needs to be rebuilt I can sell you $40.

The 1st gen 95 wolverine came with the warrior btm carb and because of some issue it was causing they changed the carb the following year to this one till 05
Let me see if I can fix this piece first I just really hate the VM performance carb during the winter it sucks trying to start in the cold but it performs way above expectations in the summer months of 60 degrees and up

Wolf is looking good Ed. Why does the VM carb not start good cold? does it not have a choke?

Filled up Gas tank, changed oil+oil filter. Filled up 2 of 5 gallons gas tanks. New battery is installed and all ready for 4-8 inches of snow storm in CT tomorrow. I am going to hit the streets.

Yeah it has a choke
I had it tuned perfect during the summer then as soon as the temp dropped under 50 it's been a bitch to get started and like today it was 20 took about 10 tries to get it fired and stay idling but when I would give it throttle it would hiccup out the carb and almost die tends to hiccup a lot in the cold from first little bit of throttle to almost 1/4 throttle but anything above she'll roost snow with all 4 tires
I've tried adjusting the air/fuel screw and I can get it close but after a few hits on the throttle it's right back to the hiccups

It's great in summer huge power increase just wasn't expecting it to be such a pain in the cold
It may need a size bigger pilot but none of the jets are stamped with sizes so not sure where to even start

Yep I know G I'm gonna start with a 35 pilot cause that's where the hiccup is from idle to just under 1/4 throttle the rest of throttle range is perfect just raw power from 1/4 - wot like I said she'll roost snow over 10 feet in air with all 4 tires without skipping a beat lol

Back