Well its a done deal!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WEll it is going to be fun, my engine gets shipped out on tuesday so i should have it by the end of next week hopfully. The only bad thing about that is that i just spent 600 on the engine is that i dont have another 300 to get my topend parts hahaha. So im kinda stuck again. I think im going to start selling the un needed parts on the bike that i want to get rid of.

As for the exhaust he gave me two of them so im selling both of them becuase those pipes suck. Im selling the +2 housers, and the works tripple rates too. I might even get rid of the durablue axle and go back to stock.

Im going to get the front shocks revalved and sprung by gt thunder and im getting houser +1 max clearance arms.

Today im gong to go down and fix the plastics and start tearing everything off and organize stuff.

i hit you with a pm back....

interested in a valve cover, clutch cover, arms, shocks, and axle

Well i started buying parts. So far what i have coming in is, the most important thing, the service manual hahaha, second i have a new complete bottem end coming in, and a head.

Tonight i want to order a brand new oem piston and oem cylender but i have other stuff i have to get done first and i dont think i have the money. Time to crack open the piggy bank haha.

Ill get some more pics when the engine comes in.

Well heres the progress

sold:(all mx stuff, dont want it)
pipe
a-arms
axle
front shocks
rear shock
rear linkage

Bought:
airbox lid
houser MGC arms
good bottom end
head

Put on:
Stock axle
stock rear shocks and linkage

Still have to order:
cyclender
piston
topend gasket kit
cam chain
random engine parts
motoworks sr4 full pipe

Well thats all the buying and selling ive done. Today i build my self a hillbilly motor stand to work on my engine, its shitty but gets the job done. Im still waiting on the new engine to come in and the arms and air box lid.

Well heres some pics of how she stands now and the engine stand(with old engine in it)
workinprogress.jpg

enginestand2.jpg

enginestand1.jpg

gunna be a pretty sick 450R..I think it was you wondering how the kenda knarlys do..they are AWESOME..for the price you cant beat them..they hook amazing and slide when you want them too..I like them so much better than the razrs i had on the back of my warrior..on my 400ex i run knarlys in the back and razr 2s in the front..love the front tires too..strong and corner amazing..

I have aftermarket works fronts, standard travel, and an aftermarket rear that im selling if your interested. Let me know.

O i broke into the engine today.....all i have to say is....the warrior is like 100% harder to work on! This engine is soo simple its not even funny. I love this bike! If i had a flywheel puller i would of got into the tranny but i decided to just wait till i get one instead of messing something up.

Lookin good Luke, it auta keep ya buzy for a while. I been so into my Motorcycle I hevan't even took the quad outta the shed.

nope not interested in the works..im just gunna find some stockers and send them to GT thunder..or maybe if i could find some custom axis or elkas at a good price

Thanks dave. I actualy been soo busy with lacrosse that i havent had that much time to work on it but when i do im bored with it since i havent got my flywheele puller yet that i took apart both out sides like 3 times and put them back together, this engine is super easy to work on. A lot easyer then the warrior.

Well im still waiting on my engine and my new arms to come in along with my air box lid. I also ordered a new cam chain, cylinder and piston, topend gasket kit, and flywheel puller tonight hoping that it will be at home when i get home from michigan. When all that comes in ill prob get the egine done in a 2 hours max(if im not missing anything). Then i just have to get some parts from my local shop, put them on along with the arms and im good to break it in =]. I cant wait to feel some real power....lol, i miss the warrior.

Well i have everything i need! all my engine parts and what not are here. Just waiting on my engine to get in this week. Ordered my white bros pro alluminum full exhaust and elka quad rate Long travel shock tonight too. So now im just waiting on those three things to come in then ill get some pics.....this bike is going to be wicked!

Im allowed to ride it around my grandmas yard which is only 3 acres, which ill do just to break the engine in. Lacrosse ends in the beginning of june along with school, so i plan on hitting every race i can in june lol. I first need to get some practice with this monster or ill die at a race. Ill prob sneak it out when my dads not home and take it too my practice track lol.

If all goes to scedual ill have this done in 2-3 weeks. Everything i need should get here by next week. I can do the engine in a day or two is my local shop has the shim sizes i need. Then it will just be dialing in the bike and fine tuning everything. There are a few little parts im missing but my shop should have them.

When i get the shocks ill have to send them out to get rebuilt for my weight and riding style =[ Which is going to be $400 and im pissed about that, thats almost how much i payed for the freaking shocks lol. Besides that i should have everything done.

O one last thing i need to order is a kill switch but thats no biggy.

Back