Well its a done deal!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well talking on about 4 other 450r forums i found that ill be going with these mods when i get the money.
Engine:
Fully stock rebuild except cam
Hotcams stage 2 cam
Motoworks SR4 full pipe

Bolt on:
New front black plastics
Stock axle
Prm summit bumper
Prm desert grab bar
Prm air scoops
Prm pump protector
Pro armor fat peg nerfbars
Rear brake guard
Scotts steering stabilizer

Suspension:
Houser +.5 max clearance a-arms
Fox evol x float shoxs

Wants:
Gripper seat
Houser extened swing arm
Long travel rear linkage
Long travel rear shock
Beadlock rims
Race hood
Flexx bars
Dead last racing graphic kit

Man that's a nice 450! You do know though you're going to be spending out the ass on the motor? I just spent over $600 on a new CP piston, crank + bearings, and complete gasket kit for my YFZ. I couldn't imagine throwing in a new case. Hopefully your valves weren't damgage too?

haha that sucks how did he wreck?

We think he crossed the road where we would cross on a gravel bridge. There is a lot of snow around which covered the whole ditch. He couldn't see the gravel bridge and crossed on the snow. The Front tires sunk through the snow and then dug in to the other side of the ditch. The quad did a front flip landed on the grab bar then landed on the four tires. The only things broken were the rear grab bar and the seat has to small tears on it.

well talking on about 4 other 450r forums i found that ill be going with these mods when i get the money.
Engine:
Fully stock rebuild except cam
Hotcams stage 2 cam
Motoworks SR4 full pipe

Bolt on:
New front black plastics
Stock axle
Prm summit bumper
Prm desert grab bar
Prm air scoops
Prm pump protector
Pro armor fat peg nerfbars
Rear brake guard
Scotts steering stabilizer

Suspension:
Houser +.5 max clearance a-arms
Fox evol x float shoxs

Wants:
Gripper seat
Houser extened swing arm
Long travel rear linkage
Long travel rear shock
Beadlock rims
Race hood
Flexx bars
Dead last racing graphic kit

Hell of a list. You thinking of using the elka linkage kit? Are the front plastics messed up, because the pics look like they are okay?

Should you ever decide to get rid of the rear swingarm, let me know. Friend has been toying with the idea of swapping a 250r rear end with 450.

yeah its quite a list and idk about the elka linkage but ill look into that in the future. And the front plastics are cut and i want to get full plastics.

thats a pulse chager exhuast, you can't get them anymore i have only seen a few people have them. Congrats on the bike, you will love the setup when you get that bad boy running!

Glad to see you getting a bike you want! Good luck with the rebuild, looks like you got a lot of work ahead.

It really is a done deal. i pick it up tomorrow im soo excited!!!!!!!! Ill keep all you guys posted on how it is and deff get some more pictures of it.

Well im picked her up today ;D im soo happy. But i have a tun of work to do to her. It looks like this is going to be a couple months till i get her running. Ill get pics tomorrow.

Have fun with the build, better you than me... :)

the stock power on a 450 is a huge jump... i ran a stock pipe for a year and it had plenty of go. a simple pipe gave me more huge gains and you will not be sad about the decision!

good luck when its done.... trx450r.org! ooooodles of info for that bike. you will poop yourself with how many combos you can run to set it up for your specs man!

I don't have a TRX, but I know parts for my YFZ are expensive! You'll have fun, it'll be a good learning experiance. Now let's see some pics...

Welll i worked out a deal on getting a new bottem end for 600 shipped.
O heres some pics i took them when i went to show my friend it.
P1010001.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010007.jpg

what i got with it
P1010006.jpg

The carnage
P1010005.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010002.jpg

poor blowed up motor, but it sounds like you got a hell of a deal.

I'm shopping around for some type of 450 class quad for when I graduate from college and 450r's seem to be some of the most economical. And I love the thought of kickstart out of the box.

Eh, that doesn't look so bad. A little JB weld and you should be good to go ;D

Latest posts

Back