UNI vs K&N

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will always use a K&N over a foam because i have had foam filters fail (uni, durablue, moose, oem and the el-cheapo stuff) but i have never had a K&N fail. cleaning them is the key to making any filter last, clean it and oil as soon as it starts to looks dirty.

20130112_124912_zpseb77d7d6.jpg
[/IMG] this is my set up. Pro design adapter, k &n with outerwears. I run with no lid

Where can I get that smaller filter, (on the right?) What is it called so I can search ebay?

Any auto parts store can get em. Thats a k &n breather filter. 3/8 clamp on. I put a 90 elbow on it and drilled a small hole in the air box for the crank vent

I have it connected to my crankcase breather tube. I had to relocate it because I run with no lid. The breather is not really needed. I just wanted to keep crap out of the tube. Plus it looks cool

I'm going to copy your setup.. Although it'd prob end up being a K&N replacement filter, stock size instead of what you have, but i'll have the outerwears and breather filter too. Not wanting to re-jet though..

If you run it with no lid like mine your probably going to want to at least bump up the main jet

Should I bump the pilot to a 45? Or should I just "trial and error" it until the color on the spark plug is brown?

Are you running aftermarket exhaust? Stock motor? I left the pilot alone per what I was told on here. Mine seems to run great! I haven't had enough ride time to check the plug but fron everything ive read just the 150 main should be fine

I'm really new to anything in regards of "souping" up things, so I did some research.. That's where I got the pilot jet info and whatnot. I am currently running a stock pipe on a stock motor, although I may use my white brothers slip on at some point.

X2. I did the exhaust, intake and jet and she really woke up! Start with a 150 main and tune from there

I've really considered it, but I need to first update my filter. The foam stock filter is a no-go for me. I need to also figure out how to make this work with the box, not sure if I'll need an adapter to make this work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pro-Design-...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c2bb625dc&vxp=mtr

I've noticed that the regular stock replacement doesn't hold to the box, leaving about a 1/4" gap between the filter and box.

Back