UNI vs K&N

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats better depends on who you ask. A lot of guys on here run the uni set up. You can get them both as a stock replacement if you run the filter lid or you can get an adapter set up to run no lid. I have the adapter set up with a big k and n with the outer wears and no lid.

I had a K&N adapter set on my 2001 Warrior, and I have a K&N stock replacement on my 2000. Is there really a HUGE difference in having the lid / not having the lid when going to an aftermarket stock replacement like UNI or K&N? Want the best bang for the buck but not costing me too much

I believe that the K&N is cheaper? Don't quote me on that..
But in all reality the UNI filters are better. Buzzy hit the nail on the head! The K&N just doesn't filter out the fine dust particles like the UNI does.

Might have to grab some with my tax returns. Thanks. Mathius are you still looking for a 4x4 or did you pick up that Wolverine?

I just bought a K&N and Sparky is sending me an adapter he isnt using so that is the diretion I am going in.

Last edited:
Might have to grab some with my tax returns. Thanks. Mathius are you still looking for a 4x4 or did you pick up that Wolverine?
I dunno what I'm gonna get?? I might just hang tuff till I find something I really like. Be it a sport quad, 4x4, or maybe even a bike?

If you are going to run a K&N, a outerwears is a must in my eyes. I have a K&N in the air box Weston made for me. He sent me that with the filter and outerwears velcro cover. Rode the whole weekend at Hatfield on labor day and the filter was like new. Just had to wash the outerwears in soap and water. And it was dusty as hell Friday and Saturday.

^ I think I've seen that or something similar, are you referring to keeping the box but having a different lid for better breath-ability?

If you are going to run a K&N, a outerwears is a must in my eyes. I have a K&N in the air box Weston made for me. He sent me that with the filter and outerwears velcro cover. Rode the whole weekend at Hatfield on labor day and the filter was like new. Just had to wash the outerwears in soap and water. And it was dusty as hell Friday and Saturday.

ya i gotta get one once i get my motor done!

20130112_124912_zpseb77d7d6.jpg
[/IMG] this is my set up. Pro design adapter, k &n with outerwears. I run with no lid

Uni hands down. My buddies all run k&n. they are expensive, uni's are only $25. They last a **** ton longer. K&N is a paper/cotton element, where as UNI is a dual layer foam technology with no outerwear needed. UNI is simple, easy to maintain, longer lasting, and filters better without restricting airflow. Iirc the K&N and the UNI have the same CFM numbers, or at least close (unless you're jumping a good amount in CFM, you won't notice it)

this argument could go on for ages, but i really do believe K&N style filters are ment for the road, and i think they should stay there. foam filters are the best for off road riding, mainly because they can hold sooooo much more craaaaappppp! and they filter alot better than the k&n, so your engine theoreticly will run for longer.

I have a K&N but who cares right,, i dont care, it came in my bike when i got it and it works, keeps **** from going into the motor right!! hahaha,,,,jus playin.

^ exactly! if ya have one just dont switch to the other. it really isnt worth it lol

I have a K&N with the precharger outerwear on my 490. I also have an oiled nylon stocking over the filter to catch stuff the precharger might miss.

Latest posts

Back