Uni-filter Jetting

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check your park brake switch disconnect it..

Parking brake switch has been done away with for a while. So, that's not it.

As far as putting the 150 jet back in, I thought the intake boot may have been the problem to begin with, but maybe not. Should I put the 145 back in?? If so where should I put the needle clip at for starters?? It ran fine this past weekend with the 145 and needle clip one notch below center. then the intake boot broke. changed it and it's went to hell lol.

And also, I have another thread about my stator testing too high (1.1-1.2) on all 3 wires. But I don't think that would be making it run like this..or would it??

Parking brake switch has been done away with for a while. So, that's not it.

As far as putting the 150 jet back in, I thought the intake boot may have been the problem to begin with, but maybe not. Should I put the 145 back in?? If so where should I put the needle clip at for starters?? It ran fine this past weekend with the 145 and needle clip one notch below center. then the intake boot broke. changed it and it's went to hell lol.

And also, I have another thread about my stator testing too high (1.1-1.2) on all 3 wires. But I don't think that would be making it run like this..or would it??

Put the 145 back in if it ran good with it. Where is your air/fuel screw set at?

Same problem here... With 350 raptor 2011.... Have no guts to take down carb alone... Im waiting for my mechanic..

Do you have a solution?

I put my 145 jet back in and changed the needle setting back to where it was and mine runs great again..for the time being

i constantly read these jetting issues so that when im ready to do mine i know more of what im doing. this blows me away though and im probably not understanding something right. he got an aftermarket slip on and uni filter and hes getting best performance (so far) with stock jet settings except the pilot jet? guess i have to go back and reread some stuff again

Other things besides exhaust and filter can figure in to jetting, such as altitude, lid on or off, cams, compression etc. When I moved to Colorado, I had to rejet mine leaner due to altitude and the thinner air.

i constantly read these jetting issues so that when im ready to do mine i know more of what im doing. this blows me away though and im probably not understanding something right. he got an aftermarket slip on and uni filter and hes getting best performance (so far) with stock jet settings except the pilot jet? guess i have to go back and reread some stuff again
Uni filter is marginally better than a stock filter. Slip on exhaust is the same way. When I talked to FMF on my slip on, they told me that unless I was modifying the air box in any way or running a K&N filter, the stock jetting would be adequate. I have a K&N filter and full FMF pipe on my 660 and only had to go from 140/145 to 150/155. It runs great, but could really use 155/160 when temps are below 60.

Uni filter is marginally better than a stock filter. Slip on exhaust is the same way. When I talked to FMF on my slip on, they told me that unless I was modifying the air box in any way or running a K&N filter, the stock jetting would be adequate. I have a K&N filter and full FMF pipe on my 660 and only had to go from 140/145 to 150/155. It runs great, but could really use 155/160 when temps are below 60.

Do you have any pic or video how to dismount carb? Is it possible to do some jetting when carb is "on"?

any advice... how to do?.... :)

Not really a way to jet it on the machine easily. The carb on the 350 is relatively easy to remove. I don't have any video of doing it, but I am sure someone out there has done one. Service manual covers it pretty well and it can be downloaded somewhere here on the forum I think.

Latest posts

Back