Trimmed fender pics

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usdsk8er540

Reaction score
hey everyone. im wanting to trim my front fenders, but im not sure how i want to cut them. can i get some of you guys to post some pics of how you cut yours so i can get some ideas? thanks. also, ive got a trailtech computer on the way, so when i get that ill get a top speed posted. need to cut the fenders first though. ive been told by a guy with a raptor 660 that when you get up fast enough the front fenders act like wings and lift your front end. guess it happened to him once and he said it was scary as all hell! well, thanks in advance for anyone who posts some pics. later

here are 2 ways...
yenawltyme6.jpg

shaved front and back fenders
yegncctyme.jpg

mudflaps off (drilled out rivits)
100_0900.jpg

and look at that beastly thing...haha

ha ha ha. i like the roll pan on the back of the van. got one like that on my silverado. thanks for the pics. ill have to think about taking the mudflaps off. wish there was a sort of wind tunnel around here somewhere so i could test it and see how much lift it creates at high speed. i may be looking at close to 75 mph, so i want to be safe when i take it up that fast (wont be often, but occasionally.) anyone else got some more pics? thanks again oldetyme.

...wish there was a sort of wind tunnel around here somewhere so i could test it and see how much lift it creates at high speed....

You are joking, right??

you have to be going like 150 mph with wings to even think about taking off lmao. gl with your "warriorlite"..

and whoever said that there front end was lifting up at top speed with there raptor was bsing you.. lol

Think about this a little. Even if there was enough force put onto the fenders to make the quad lift up, the fenders wouldn't be strong enough or stiff enough to support the weight, and they would just break off. And when was the last time you saw the fenders break off because the rider went too fast? Just trim the fenders so they look good, and don't worry about airflow. Wind tunnel? LMFAO

i thought that sounded kinda weird. you make some good points. now that i think about it, it sounds pretty dumb. i dont know what i was thinking. anyway, any more pics of trimmed fenders would still be appreciated. thanks.

by the way 06yfm350, what do you mean by "warriorlite"? from looking at your sig, it seems you only have a yoshi pipe and k&n, so why try to down my warrior. your raptor is the exact same quad with different plastics. have a little respect and try to be more polite when you tell someone what they have been told is wrong. people DO get (and give out) incorrect info. from time to time.

damn that looks good for an 87. very clean. wish i could get mine that clean. what do you use to clean that thing?

hes got maier plastics... there sick looking, I dont think u can get stockers to look like that

yeah ive got a maier rear fender b/c i cracked my original. i actually meant to ask how he got his swingarm so clean. i know mine has dirt, grease and gunk caked on it and it doesnt want to come off. might have to try some heavy duty de-greaser on it tomorrow.

The quad was only that clean because it was just rebuilt/painted,the next weekend it was back to normal :cool:

right on. yeah i used some heavy duty foaming degreaser on my stuff today. got my belly skid off and cleaned all the oil and gunk off of it (damn drain hole doesnt line up right) after i grinded all of the bolt heads off. all the bolts were seized up, 2 were starting to rust, and they all started stripping out, and to top it off, even if they werent seized and stripped i lost the allen wrench for them! just got some hex head bolts from lowes instead. will work a lot better anyway. man, sometime im going to have to just break down and take my whole suspension apart and clean it because of all the grime stuck to it. might have to paint it at the same time. oh well, thanks.

Back