trail build help?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly just do next size piston up,pipe,filter,with no lid. Dump the rest in suspension. That fast of a warrior with stock suspension would be a nightmare. What kind of :atv:trails do u ride btw

everything from coal of trevorton to rocks of rock run. we ride all over. have you ever heard of hat feild mccoy trails? some of the most fun i have ever had.

everything from coal of trevorton to rocks of rock run. we ride all over. have you ever heard of hat feild mccoy trails? some of the most fun i have ever had.

Hells yeah man! My fam is gonna try and get down to Hatfield this year. I hear there amazing.

they are amazing and really nice to navigate. they have some nice stuff there to. and i will inspect the cylinder condition, if it needs it ill go one more size. if not ill just hone it. but what comp piston should i go with?

they are amazing and really nice to navigate. they have some nice stuff there to. and i will inspect the cylinder condition, if it needs it ill go one more size. if not ill just hone it. but what comp piston should i go with?

Sounds good. I would use the wiesco 10.25:1. Its cheaper than the JE, plus the JE only comes in stock bore or 85mm

do they make a higher? cuz 450's use like 12:1 right?

Only JE makes a 12:1. Im sure CP would custom make one and i know JE would make a custom one too. Any higher than 11:1 Your gonna need to run race gas. Might be able to get away with mixing 93 and 110 or something like that.

ya but he has more spent on suspension
Yeah, I know guy, I was just pickin w/him, Haha...

lol Noooo its all stock.... HAH.

That was just my suggestion for him to get started...Suspension will make any quad feel faster and better to ride.

I hear that man, I'd like to have some nicer shocks myself. I can't really go much wider than what I am now (flipped wheels) but I would like to have nicer control. I ride in tight trails & stuff, cutting through trees & that sorta thing from time to time so I need to be able to get through.

order in which you should build it (imo)
shocks(and arms if your going that rout)
exhaust
filter
top end
cam and springs

but use the parts mentioned previously

added it all up it will be about 1425 with new and used parts, using stock a arms with a .415 cam (hardfacing). valve spring kit, hmf exhaust, used rear tires/rims, hand gaurds, bars, grips, friends works shocks, wiesico piston and gaskets, k&n high flow filter, fmf jets, ext alxle ( prolly going to use g force or a used one), new bulbs, new chain and sproket, my friends bars. if i took the cam and valves out it would be 1100. the exhaust is what costs most. i would love it if i could find a white bro's or a hmf used and not spend 275. but those are the numbers!

Latest posts

Back