trail build help?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrenize

Reaction score
ok guys here is my plan. i want you guys to kinda make my parts list. haha. alright. i am hungry for more power from my tank. i ride everything from tight trial type trails to hill climbs and some light mx on friends tracks. i like bottom end for trails but like to ride mid to top end more, but if im on a climb i dont want to bog down on bottom end. im looking for piston (brand and comp) dont want to run race gas or nothing. want something wider (a arms, and front shocks) and a rear axel, best sproket sizes, and tires front and rear also brand and model, exhaust and intake system mods/ parts. (i like hmf). i want to have a cart for all parts i will need, i also want some type of big cam to make a big difference. web .415 i have been told? or a webb .390? after i get my rm125 and my tractor done and maybe sold, then i will be building this. please let me know what you guys think are best for all mentioned parts. i will look them all up and make a list with prices and total. not looking to spend more than a grand or so. so please put your input in! i will consider all legit idea's. BTW im doing this, because i dont know too much about warriors. im a 2 stroke guy, but please inform me and help me as much as possible. thanks everyone. :tup:

floats are no good. i ride a lot of mountain and they change with altitude dont they? also looking for a budget. haha just the shocks would brake the grand bugdet i want.

thats way over priced and they are broken. my friend has works 2 rate with out rezzies but i can get them for really cheap prolly. so those will most likey be my shocks if i can use them on extended a arms. but i am looking for shocks that need rebuilt cuz i want them set up for my weight

1998yamahawarrior has some afcos for sale and they need a rebuild i think he wants like 100 for them check em out

here you go, i feel i put together the ultimate budget quad
Chassis | Suspension | Controls

Frame: Stock
A Arms: +2 ASR Pc Candy Blue by Capital
Swingarm: Converted Roundhouse
Steering Stem: Stock
Stabilizer: N/A
Axle: G Force
Carrier: Lonestar Dual Row Billet
Locknut: G Force
Hubs F|R: Stock
Bars: Protaper SE
Throttle/Clutch Lever: Stock
Grips: Renthal
Nerfs: Pro Armor
Pegs: Pro Armor
Bumper: PRM/ Blingstar
Grab Bar: DG
Front Shocks: Works Triple Rates
Rear Shock: Banshee
Brake Pads: EBC
Brake Lines: braided Calipers: YFZ
Rotors F|R: Stock
Rims F|R: Douglas .190/ Stock
Tires F|R: GNCC/ Mud Lite

Body

Plastic: Stock/ cut fronts
Graphics|Seat Cover: Deadlast/ Stock
Number Backgrounds: Deadlast
Handguards: Powermadd
Bar Pad: Protaper
Fuel Tank: Stock
Skids plates: Plastic Engine skid/ Aluminum rear skid
Lighting: Stock

Engine|Drive System

Cylinder Head: FST Ported/ +1mm intake
Gaskets: Cometic
Piston: JE 85mm 10.5-1
Cam|Valves Springs: Web .440/ hd springs
Bore & Stroke: 85mm bore/stock
Displacement: 366cc
Carburetor: 36mm Sudco
Spark plug: NGK
Stator: Stock
Shifter: yz250
Air Filter|Box: GYT-R/ Outerwears
Header|Silencer: Powerbomb/ Pro Circuit/ Curtis Sparks
Clutch|Plates|Springs: Barnett
Gearing F|R: 14t/40t
Chain: EK Gold
CDI|Killswitch: Stock/ Alba
Cooling: Perma/ SPAL and shroud
Other:

je 10.5:1 piston
there are a set of lonestar +2 a arm in F/S
your buddys works shocks
durablue axle +2+4
web 390 cam
14/40 gearing
fmf power bomer header
hmf slip on
razr 2s front 21x7x10 and back 20x11x9
pro flow um filter kit (no lid)
banshee rear shock

also how do u like the front end you have? good for rocky trails?
amazing on rocky trails and i only have 500 in it before i did the powder. the head came off my 446 motor but search around, midway is doing porting and you could just get a hotcam and springs if you cant front the mega or web price

ok i like that idea! but she is starting to smoke....... so at least rings and inspection to freshen it up? plus that stuff, then the front end.

See what the bore looks like & if it's not too bad you might get by with a hone & rings. You could just open it up .020 & put a Weisco in it.
Here's my list;
FMF PB
Used Ebay SuperTrapp, HMF or GYTR
+4 timing advance key
FSR airbox w/UM filter & proper jetting
Web .390 or CWR .415(I have a good feeling about this cam)
Kibblewhite spring set
DIY port cleanup
new timing chain
.020 Weisco w/o base gasket
trail riding, GNCC 22" Holeshots
stock 13/40 sprockets
+2 arms up front, flip rear wheels
the works shocks you mentioned, banshee rear
.......all I can think of for now, that shnould blow your budget though, lol!

See what the bore looks like & if it's not too bad you might get by with a hone & rings. You could just open it up .020 & put a Weisco in it.
Here's my list;
FMF PB
Used Ebay SuperTrapp, HMF or GYTR
+4 timing advance key
FSR airbox w/UM filter & proper jetting
Web .390 or CWR .415(I have a good feeling about this cam)
Kibblewhite spring set
DIY port cleanup
new timing chain
.020 Weisco w/o base gasket
trail riding, GNCC 22" Holeshots
stock 13/40 sprockets
+2 arms up front, flip rear wheels
the works shocks you mentioned, banshee rear
.......all I can think of for now, that shnould blow your budget though, lol!

thats a good setup for around 1k with cam and springs it will be a tight squeeze to get it all under 1k but its possible should run decent too
i can find the piston i got in my warrior it was a wiseco .040 and it cost 106.something <(thats kinda ironic because that's my race number)

Latest posts

Back