Tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brett1994warrior

Reaction score
Hey,
I am after some new tires for my warrior. I have stock sprocket set-up for now. I am after tires that are good for trail riding. I will sometimes probably see top-end, but am mainly concerned with low to middle end. I was wondering a good brand and size for front and rear. I was looking at the Maxis RAZR tires, but am able to get anything available (don't want top end high dollar ties). Also was wondering good sizes for getting good low to middle end. Thanks guys!!!

ok Thanks for the sizes and other options!!! I will probably be ordering Friday from Rocky Mountain, so I have a little time to shop around!!!

If you're just trail riding, I would go with 22 inch for the ground clearance, unless thats not an issue where you ride. Here in PA it's rocky as **** and we'll take all the ground clearance we can get, the only real benefit of the smaller tires is better handling which means nothing if you're getting stuck all the time.

As for the type of tires, it depends on the terrain. The razrs and similar tires are ok until you get into mud, they are the worst tires money can buy in the mud. I like the Kenda Klaws as a good all-around trail riding tire on a sport quad, they're also about the cheapest out there, and they'll last twice as long as most knobbies will. There are tons of options out there and it depends on what you normally encounter when you ride, but for primarily trail riding the square profile knobbies like razrs and holeshots aren't the best option. That square profile also is also going to ride rougher than a rounded-edge tire.

Get at least 4 ply tires, 6 ply is tougher and usually only costs a few bucks more, but with that you also get extra weight and a stiffer ride. The firm ride is a good thing for handling but it can also make a difference in how quick you get beat up during a long day of riding.

I am running 22"razrs on the rear and the hook up great and give great ground clearance for the trails

I also have mudlites or swamp lights i dont remember what they are called but the are pretty good tires also.

well you could try these Wanda sportrax tires they really are great its 6 ply and they are cheap and they hook up very good in snow, mud, and woods . And they really don't wear too much i think you could easily drive with them for 1.5 years :p

hey deadlast what can u get a pair of those for, there are no dealers in my area and i cant find any in a 20 or 22 on ebay.

get a 20inch tire man! u will keep ur low and mid that way. my favorite setup is a 14tooth front sprocket paired with a good 20 tire like a razr 1 , holeshot, or kenda klaw. 4 ply will do u fine, never had issues with my 4 ply razrs

yamaharaptor350 said:
get a 20inch tire man! u will keep ur low and mid that way. my favorite setup is a 14tooth front sprocket paired with a good 20 tire like a razr 1 , holeshot, or kenda klaw. 4 ply will do u fine, never had issues with my 4 ply razrs

Interesting, so 20" on back, but what size on front??

Guys it's a trail machine, why not run 22's? Like I said before, handling is jack **** when your tires aren't touching the ground. That extra inch of tire makes a very small difference in handling. I had 22's on my warrior the whole time I had it and it worked great, 20's just don't have enough clearance with the big sprocket and brake rotor. I'd still be running 22's on my 700 if it wasn't for the fact that half of the riding I do is mx so I got 21's to get a happy medium between ground clearance and handling. With 21's on the 700 I think I still have more clearance than the Warrior with 22's, I don't know why they used such big sprockets and rotors on the 350's.

Latest posts

Back