tire choice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
what size tires are you guys running? i need to replace my stock tires and i was thinking about going with 22x7x10 front and 22x11x9 rears. i kinda like the height of the 22 but want a little more width in the rear. any thoughts? also, has anyone run the cst pulse tire? im curious to see how it stacks up against the gnc xc's. i was orignally leaning towards ordering the cst ambush but they are only 4 ply and i think i want to stick with a 6 ply tire. just read about the gnc's on here and they have me thinking about using those now.

Here starts a war!! Get the Itp GNCC's or some Quadcross XC's, I know a lot of fellers are gonna say Ambush's, If your on a budget and still want a 6ply get some GBC Xrex's they are used by many XC riders. I have seen the CST Pulse a few months back and honestly they look like a good tire but I cant speak for how they will take abuse and perform, I can only speak for the tires I have ran over the years and the GNCC's have been my favorite so far, I have ran, Kenda Kutters, Maxxis Razr XC's, Shredders and Turf Tamers and they all was damn good tires. A lot of guys run the Ambush's on here and love em.

by gnc do you mean gbc? personally i wouldn't go any bigger than a 20" unless you ride in an area where that extra inch of ground clearance is really going to make a big difference such as super rocky. Personally i have always been a fan of kenda and have really taken a liking to their new Kutter II's. Very predictable, great life, and after racing a full season on them i had zero flats, or any other issues with them.

here's the best pic i can find to show tread definition.

IMG_20131221_153002038_zps58b1a5e0.jpg

GBC is a great tire! a warrior buddy i ride with claims his itps hooked up a little better but i get what i want out of mine. i think after a point it becomes a lot of personal bias but you never truly know until you try it out. i too have thought about a 22x11x9 tire

Im using a 21x7x10 I like them

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk

For rear tires Im kinda partial to the Kenda Klaws in a 20" tall. Ive ridden in everything from sand, mud, hard pack, roads, etc.... Havent found really anything that they havent been able to handle. Wear has been great so far, I can get them to bite when I want and slide when I want. Really a very versatile tire I think.

Front right now I have some Razrs, they arent bad for coming on the quad when I got it. Though when they finally go Ill probably go with some Klaws just to match the rears.

I like 20". I have 18" on the rear of my 87' and I drag my rear end everywhere and it feels too low

I have 20's front and rear and never have a problem on trails, sometimes the front bottoms but that's from downhill inertia, Nothing a little preload cant fix. Those Kenda Klaws you got Anthony are badass tires, And Geees I love the Shredders, so hard to find anymore in a 9 inch rear, I found several 10's two for 100 shipped.

All tires mentioned in this thread are good tire some a little more expensive than the others. VEE Rubber make some really nice 6 plys also you might wanna check out DannyMK2.

I found 1 single for 50 on Ebay that fit 9's but they didn't have anymore. Sometimes they are called Groundbusters but Ive always called them shredders back in the day they was awesome tires but I haven't ran them in over 8 years or more.

I found 1 single for 50 on Ebay that fit 9's but they didn't have anymore. Sometimes they are called Groundbusters but Ive always called them shredders back in the day they was awesome tires but I haven't ran them in over 8 years or more.

My first warrior had them on it and one of the previous owners was a buddy of mine. We know for sure they were atleast 10 years old at the time!!! I actually still got them on the ITP rims!! I need to figure out what Im gonna with them, dont plan on taking my beadlocks off anytime soon!!! LOL

Back