Time for a new clutch

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well powroll and Mickey both do the same thing.. They use some HD barnett clutch springs for there 366cc kits and then a super HD spring that it's red in color for there bigger kits... they both use the stock clutches(I'm not sure about the added plate, as that could have been mickeys idea with the 500 kit). I'd say if you didn't do this then you will wear your clutch out extremely quick with the added stress torque load put upon it.
As far as subs of part numbers to older to newer stuff the Yamaha parts program does allow you to see the new to the old stuff so it will search through everything and I couldn't find one that would match up plate for plate or friction for friction. I do believe that the easiest way to increase torque load cap in a clutch Assembly is to get heavier springs if the pressure plate will support it and will not bend. Most all of the 500's that I can see use more or different clutch plates and more springs. But I'd guess that there using a hydraulic clutch so it helps in that area.

the sc and the sr are using one more friction and steel then the warrior with and added spring.

Interesting.... well, like I said... the 500 in question used the exact same plates and # of plates. Its possible the current xref's arent showing it, or are using superseded/discontinued #'s that no longer xref. Its the only thing I can think of, because I am 100% sure about the clutch setup we did.

Latest posts

Back