Thinking about getting another project quad and I need some advice

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You won't go wrong with either of those 3. In stock form the EX's oiling system is sufficient. There are a few companies that make an oversized oil tank/cooler that works well, and if adding more power to the EX you may want to look into it. Otherwise the engine is about as bulletproof as it gets. By the way, I think Denniskirk has Works front shocks on sale for the EX and Z.

Is your warrior with all your mods done have more power than a stock 400ex?

What about a piped and filtered 400ex?

Couldn't tell ya because I have not ridden against a 400ex. But, it's not match for my 350X.

If I had to choose between the Z400 or 400EX I'd take the Z in a heartbeat, great lil machine but they're a lil tippy. If I were to choose between the three I'd still take the 660. Truth is that all three platforms can use some help with handling but at the end of the day a 660 is a 660 and you have allot more machine to work with.

If I had to choose between the Z400 or 400EX I'd take the Z in a heartbeat, great lil machine but they're a lil tippy. If I were to choose between the three I'd still take the 660. Truth is that all three platforms can use some help with handling but at the end of the day a 660 is a 660 and you have allot more machine to work with.

That is true.

Yes id agree with james the raptor for sure. Plus its a YAMAHA:p

What do you guys think, should I keep the warrior and put in better suspension and fullflight a arms? Or get a 400ex? Or even a z400?

If you have a blaster you would probably like another 2 stroke quad. What about a gasgas wild 300? It has long travel ohlins shocks and A-arms, hidraulic clutch, 50 hp, liquid cooled... ;)

Back