the tear down and rebuild...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that jet should b good to start with and you dont want to go back to the stock carb and your air box should fit on there i had my air box on my quad with the same thing
you can get the jet at sudco racing or any place thet sells atv parts i will look and see what all jets i have for that carb and if you need them i can send them to you that carb will b the best thing you can to with your motor kit

you can get the jet at sudco racing or any place thet sells atv parts i will look and see what all jets i have for that carb and if you need them i can send them to you that carb will b the best thing you can to with your motor kit
all of the jets i have r bigger so i cant help you with the jets

what u gunna do with the megacycle? send it back and say it was a bad one, see if the'll send you a new one.

i like this carb, but i had to switch back to the stock carb for now. the throttle pull on this one was hell. i see where that twist throttle comes in.

all of the jets i have r bigger so i cant help you with the jets

well, thanks for checking man.

what u gunna do with the megacycle? send it back and say it was a bad one, see if the'll send you a new one.

i guess it's junk man. i can't send it back i don't believe because i'm not the original owner. it was in this built head that i bought. just gonna chalk it up as a loss. still have my hotcam that i reinstalled. i was bummed about about messing it up, but i'll live. with this new setup i can hear the stage 1 cam thumping and i only wish i could have heard and felt the megacycle.

Id still get a hold of them, and say that there cam went out/broke on you, perhaps they will exchange it for you or give you a discount on a new one.

Id still get a hold of them, and say that there cam went out/broke on you, perhaps they will exchange it for you or give you a discount on a new one.

you know i just did a little searching on their site:

http://www.megacyclecams.com/catalog/pages/page 59.pdf

what could i use as a core? does it have to be a stock cam or could i maybe trade this hotcam as a core? it would be nothing to trade my buddy this cam back for my stocker though. could probably sell outright pretty quick too.

core has to be stock parts. Id just try to work the "faulty merch" angle and see what you can get outta it. Most reasonable company's want there merch to have a good name and one pissed off customer can do some damage, they know this.

if anything I'm sure someone will trade you that stage 1 for a stocker plus some cash. Wow so I didn't know the 250tt/xt ran the same cams as a warrior

guys, i need some suggestions on jetting my stock carb for this setup. i broke the 4 wheeler in on 87 octane and now i'm running some AV100 in her. i can't seem to figure out the jetting for this thing.

my mods are:

P&P head
hotcam stage 1
hd valve springs
je piston 10.50:1
powerbomb header
hmf slip-on
uni airfilter w/ aluminum airbox

before the 366 kit and head i was running 42.5 pilot jet and 152.5 main jet. everything was tuned perfect.

now i have had the carb off 3 times for different jetting.

1st i ran a 155 main w/ stock pilot. it cuts out at steady throttle and at top of gears. chokes off when i pull in the clutch on deceleration.

2nd was 157.5 main w/ 47.5 pilot jet. much of the same, but a little better with the mix screw out maybe 3 turns (guessing). seems a little richer by tell of the plug. still chokes off when slowing down with clutch pulled in. even idled it up a hair.

3rd time now that i'm gonna go 155 main w/ the 47.5 pilot.

i'm gonna order a 45 pilot and i already have a 160 main to try also.

carbs are not my strong point even after reading the stickies. i know that my pilot is probably too big, but does the AV100 gas make a huge difference with jetting? do i even have enough motor to burn it? i'd would appreciate any help.

you can run pump gas without any problems on 10.5 to 1 compression. I would 92. As for the jetting I'd do 1 jet at a time. put the 45 pilot in then go back to the main. Try the 155 if it works at 3/4 to full throttle go to the needle at adjust 1 clip at a time if needed. When it's close adjust the air/fuel screw to tune it in, it should need to be turned more than 1 full turn starting out at 2.5 turns. If it needs to be turned out more then 3.5, up your main 1 size, If it needs turned in more then 1.5 turns out drop your main jet one size. Hope this helps it makes sence in my head lol

well, i figured this out finally. the av100 is too much for my mods. if i had gone with the 12:1 piston it would've been fine. i drained it out and left a little in the reserve tank and then mixed in some 87 i had left. runs like a top now. my 3rd attempt at the jetting works out almost perfect.

i went ahead and ordered the 45 pilot and when it arrives i'll be golden. my jetting is a 155 main w/ 47.5 pilot atm. it has a slight bog, but i think the 45 will cure that.

gonna run this setup until i can afford the kehin pe 38mm carb from duncan racing.

Last edited:
Hell yeah man glad that cured it. What about that carb you got from moonchicken? What changed your mind

i don't like the idea of having to run a twist throttle with it. the thumb will work, but it's hella hard to mash. probably will put it up for sale here pretty quick.

you should try the 90ex in a 400 housing mod. I run it with my edle and it made quite the improvement. No more throttle arm pump.

Easy, just buy a 400ex housing and put a 90ex lever in it. Dremil a notch out inside for WOT. Good luck finding both of them, there hot commodities. It might help, helped me with the edle, the edle inst terrible over stock but it still would wear my thumb out pretty bad. This setup I'm running now, since I've installed it, I haven't got thumb fatigue in quite a while.

yupp, stock cable will work. You just need the lever outta the 90 if you can find it, lot cheaper then having to buy the whole housing.

Latest posts

Back