the tear down and rebuild...

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, i'll def fill you guys in on that. gonna putt around on it a bit to break it in before i let it rip. gonna go get some race fuel after its broke in too. wooo woooo

heh, good looking out. i'm not sure how this new carb is gonna do. i believe in stock form it supposed to be for an xr400 dirtbike so hopefully it'll be rich enough. don't have any other jets for it, but i may have to switch to the stocker with a 155 main in it.

the opening is 2" and if i'm not mistaken it's 36mm too. i don't wanna mod my stock carb duct to the airbox so i may get a direct filter.

hmm if its for a 400 dirt bike it should be close... just to be safe thou you always got the stocker. Are the jets hard to find?

the part on the back of that carb should be the adapter so you can use the stock airbox if it's not, I know I saw them for the warrior

hmm if its for a 400 dirt bike it should be close... just to be safe thou you always got the stocker. Are the jets hard to find?

dunno about the jets yet. haven't researched them. it does have a 130 in it though.

the part on the back of that carb should be the adapter so you can use the stock airbox if it's not, I know I saw them for the warrior

it's a hair too big. where did you see them?

nice this may push me over to do something with my motor before i move out and have no money this summer

that's what i'm doing man. i'm about to get out on my own pretty soon so i figured i'd go ahead and get this done.

here is there catalog page 42 shows the warrior kit. You may have to call them to order just the adapter...

http://www.sudco.com/Catalog35CompletePDF.pdf

i can't find anything in that. i'll look more later.

well, today was very interesting to say the least. all this hard work almost went to **** in the turn of the key and press of the start button. i had everything back together and started up and then i hear crazy ticking and tapping from the timing chain and then the bike quit. tried starting it again and all it would do is spin over really fast.

before i tell you what it was i need to remind you to always torque all your nuts and bolts. i had already torqued down the head bolts to spec and had in mind to do the cam bolt afterwards. well, lets say i forgot to do it before i cranked her up. anyway, the cam sprocket backed itself off and sheared the sprocket seat off.

so, i ruined my megacycle cam and the little piece fell down bottom. -.-

ripped the engine from the frame to inspect the damage and i couldn't find the piece. guess it fell to the bottom of the cases. can't afford to get a shop to tear into it so i'll hope for the best. switched back to my original stage 1 hot cam and got her back in the frame.

so far so good with the new topend. i let it run at idle for about 10 mins and nothing was out of the ordinary. i'm happy with it and i'm gonna ride it. if something happens so be it.

again check and recheck your specs before you start it up. you can save youself a lot headache.

You might get lucky and it might drain out with the oil. Either way post up some vids of it. Im about to break mine in and Im curious to see how you are going to do it.

well, i'm going to kind of wing it on the break in. gonna go through the rest of this tank of gas before i switch to 93. i'll probably just putt around on it after i get it jetted perfect until then.

dunno about the jets yet. haven't researched them. it does have a 130 in it though.

it's a hair too big. where did you see them?
that jet should b good to start with and you dont want to go back to the stock carb and your air box should fit on there i had my air box on my quad with the same thing

Latest posts

Back