sweeeeeeettt!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wait what do you say is bad about the hotrods kit, theres no machining involved whatsoever, therefore it stays VERY reliable, why do you compare it like a hotcams to a webcam??

Just because you machine something or not doesn't mean it's going to be reliable. By the way you machine the case for a bigger sleeve and windage tray to clear the crank... Tell me how you think that's going to effect reliablity. The reason he is comparing the hotrods to web is because they fucked a lot of raptor owners over and told them that the both warrior and raptor cams are designed the same in which there not, then left all the fucked up engines owners with a thumb up there ass. So he's saying that there are better cams out there.. Also stock rod and cranks are actually stronger then hotcams according to Mickey the YFM guru Dunlap.
Also hotrods doesn't have an overbore of there CP piston for there kit Mikey does. If your going to spend that much money and go that deep in the engine they why not go the extra mile and do it right.

the reason an unmachined engine is more reliable is simply more material, you cant argue with material, its there, its strong, its help cool the engine. when an engine is machined it has a loss of the original material, therfore more than likely loosing the stock strength (wich yfm's are known for) i also have no reason to overbore, my cylinder is completely fine, and its not that i am choosing to dig into it, its i HAVE to to get it fixed in the first place. i have heard nothing but good things on the hotrods connecting rods, and cranks, thats why people use them when they put nitrous on there quads, or super high compression, becouse there shot peened, stronger, and also have pivotworks bearings wich are wicked this is why hot rods seems one of the best ways to me, i havnt heard much at all about the other strokers but if you know anything about them, share so others can induldge : )

I really don't care what other people are doing as far as there bikes engines. . and honestly I really haven't heard much about hotrods. I care about what people are doing to there yfm's.
Have you seen a stock assembly rod and crank to hot rods?
You are not loosing any strength by case boring or shaving down the windage tray. Think about it, your putting more then double the power through a 446cc engine and it's still lasting 3 plus years. You can't tell me your machining parts is loosing strength... What are you going to do break the case??
You'll have to bore your cylinder for the CP custom piston that goes with the hotrods stroker kit.
Don't get me wrong the hot rods kit will be a little cheap but in the long run you'll be wishing for more power and that extra $400 dollars with mean nothing.
The only reason I would choise a hotrods kit over FST would be the fact that I could get the kit and have it with in a week that's really the only advantage I can see.

and the fact that i cannot afford anything else if i have to replace it anyway. im only 17, prom is coming up, my girlfriend just turned 18, and i recently got off spring break. this thing is gonna be torn apart and sit untill i can afford to fix it anyway, and at the moment a reliable, cheaper method, wich would get it done faster is the best way i can do it. the hotrods kit wouldnt be put in there for power, i wouldnt be doing this if it was just for power, its cuz i probably need a new one anyway. does anyone else have any suggestions/ ideas, i just wanna get this thing up again as soon as possible.

also hotrods sells a regular stroke crank for like $250 and I'm sure you could get it cheaper here.

this is true, and i did see that i have some heat blueing on my crank so im sure ill need one now, i might just go the stock one..... who knows well see a?!

Hotrods cranks are plenty reliable, do you know how many people are running hotrod 4 mil stroker cranks in their Banshees making a hell of alot more power than any warrior will ever think of. You can get a hotrods stroker crank cheaper than stock genuine yamaha parts so why would you not go with the hotrods.

Because from what people tell me the stock rod and crank are more heavy duty then a hotrod stroker assembly.. and why would I only stroke it 7mm if I was in there and not go with 10.5mm? The warrior has got such a short stroke anyway your only going to make more power with this type of engine that way.
A lot of people think that all aftermarket stuff is great and better built well sorry to tell you it's not.. I replaced my stock cam chain with a d.i.d. and you should see the difference in the links. Big difference and yeah you play a lot less for a D.I.D. but I guess you get what you pay for.
The stock rod or bearing assembly most likely broke because of lack of oil supply which is very common because it's the last place to get oil and the supply is the lowest there not because it was weak.

From what i've seen, that hotrods kit is actually a pretty damn good design and as strong as you'd ever need on a warrior. Over on bluetraxx I think it was, a guy had one that he was running with every other mod imaginable for a warrior, plus a pretty heavy shot of nitrous (25 shot I think) and it was handling it fine. It failed on him once, and it was during a time of stress that any crank/rod would have failed, and most likely would have caused a lot more damage. He ran out of fuel while doing a run with nitrous! It actually didn't completely grenade on him either which is surprising, he posted pics of it and the rod bent pretty bad, but stayed in one piece so it didn't completely grenade the engine and throw pieces flying everywhere. He was satisfied with it enough that he bought another one immediately. That's enough to convince me.

HEAT BLUEING IS NORMAL ON THE WARRIOR CRANK but only if it is just 2 SMALL spot on each side of where the connecting rod connect to the crankshaft....these two small blue spot are there because of the heat process used to build the crank.....

Back