sweeeeeeettt!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fearnofish06860

Reaction score
last weekend i was up in the U.P (upper penninsula) and riding with my girlfriend, well her brother was riding mine, and revving the **** out of it. then it stalled, he treid to start it, and it made some shitty noises, and wouldnt, so i opened it up last night, and so far i see he toasted my connecting rod bearings, maybe time for a stroker??? but well see how it goes... :-/

the noise wasnt a clicking like the battery was dead was it

no i asking becasue mine did the same thing but i wasnt over reving and im just trying to get an idea of what to do for mine

well how much gain do i get from that stroker(the hotrods one that is) doesnt it go up to like 396 cc or somthing similar?

30 to 35 hp is what alba clams with there stroker 400cc kit.

I wouldnt buy hotrods.... IMO its like dropping in a hotcam, when you know you should have actually got a webcam or something similar with stiffer valvesprings. But hey its your call. Actual cost, FST and CWR strokers are about the same price.

And also 30-35 horsepower can be achieved without a stroker. So if alba's kit only pushes 30-35 thats kinda lame.

And also 30-35 horsepower can be achieved without a stroker. So if alba's kit only pushes 30-35 thats kinda lame.

I don't know what to tell you man... I can only tell you what I've been told. I believe it was like 34 horsepower they said at the wheels using a 10.7:1 piston and Megacycle 252x-1 cam there exhaust. Stock carb. Personally I think your being a little to kind on the hp numbers. I'd like to see a stock stroke and bore warrior or raptor run that kind of numbers with 11:1 compression... on pump gas

Even with 12:1 compression ... that's a hard figure to achive, stock bore and stroke. I've heard of Trinity doing it but that was completely worked over 12:1 racing fuel engine and I believe that made 32 hp at the wheels. I'm still looking for that old dirt wheels artical.. as I can't remember if it was a true 350 or not.

Well if you did every mod out there to it.

12:1 compression
high lift racing cam
port job
edelbrock carb
good full exhaust
dyna CDI
new coil

Idk slightly exagerated maybe, but its damn close

30 ponies is not hard to achieve. These motors for the most part are underestimated. Trust me everyone underestimates my machine.

True but im just basing mine on seat of pants dyno haha. Ive raced brand new piped 400ex's and never had a problem, those things are like 26 ponies stock right? I usually was wooping up by 3-4 quad lengths

there is no way a 400ex make 26 h.p....it may do like 22 at the wheels....a brand new 400ex in 2004 and it just get up to 104km/h on my radar gun....

wait what do you say is bad about the hotrods kit, theres no machining involved whatsoever, therefore it stays VERY reliable, why do you compare it like a hotcams to a webcam??

Theres nothing wrong with the hotrods kit, its about the best bang for the buck your gonna find for a yfm.

Latest posts

Back