Starting on my Warrior!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe im going to have it done, i think i got to have my head Resurfaced because it keeps leaking oil around the head, even after i put a brand new gasket on it, Any ideas what could cause it?

did you use a torque whench and put it to spec. and follow the proper torque sequence? If so the you can use a sheet of plexiglass and some 800 grit paper to true the head up. just glue the sand paper to the plexiglass or any FLAT surface. Then start moving the mating surface of the head in a figure 8 motion on the sand paper. Hold steedy straight pressure! check it often you will see the shiney high spots, keep doing it until the whole gasket surface is level. then clean it off well and you should be good

I was just thinking, you bought a jug with a new sleeve in it correct? It could be also that the sleeve isn't pressed into the jug correctly

But the main reason i changed over to the new one was because the old 357 was starting to smoke, and leaked in the same spot, So im guessing im going to have to do what you said and try to sand down those spots

New tires and rims, Tell me what you guys think. good trade or bad trade?
IMG00046-20110420-1515.jpg

Yupp, ITP T-9 bajas. Cool rims. Not really beadlockers thou, more like re-enforced lips.

I'll get some more pics of them later, It was cloudy and about to rain on me lol. I loveddddd the torque of the 18x8's just couldn't ride it anywhere in the hills with out bottoming out

Yupp, ITP T-9 bajas. Cool rims. Not really beadlockers thou, more like re-enforced lips.

Thats what I meant, just couldnt remember the whole thing. They are a tough rim, my brother had them on his highly modded 400ex and rolled it at close to 70mph. Tweaked the frame, bars and 1 rim, it actually got rode back to camp. while he had 3 cracked ribs and road rash.

got this bumper for almost free today. so i made it fit LOL, Can you guys tell me what kind it is? the markings are scratched off. Looking like a PMR or something
IMG00053-20110422-1555.jpg

Came off a blaster, but i had to cut the brackets off, and use some clamps to the frame haha, Rig it up! but you cant tell it from the pic.

Latest posts

Back