stalls out after its warmed up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea from watching your vids it was cutting out like it was missing, or you were playing with the kill switch.

Yes it cuts out like its missing a spark every now and then.
I just went through the whole wiring harness and all connections are great. i retaped everything and it looks good as new. Cant wait til that stator gets here...

What would be best for those connecters is find you some dielectric grease. Its a grease type of stuff thats made for sealing off electrical connections and helps make them water tight would be a good idea since these things do get wet and muddy from rideing.. I heard of people useing silicone but once it dries and seals good luck getting back apart.

Problem SOLVED! I installed the RMstator and the quad idles all day now and i can actually feel a bit more power. I'm still in shock that I actually fixed it and am very happy that i didn't take it to the dealer to get fixed. Thanx for the help and input guys.

Cool deal, nice to have your ride back. Need any more help lets us know.

It may feel like its got more power, but still runs the same its just got a good clean powerful spark to ignite the fuel more completely.

yes, its been a hell of an adventure troubleshooting this..I've learned so much lol. Now I have the confidence to start putting money into this thing. It's a great feeling to have a reliable ride.

yeah sorry im late on the scene but i pretty much knew it was the stator from the first post... stators burn up all the time on these damn things...

do yourself a favor and CHECK THE RESISTANCES NOW, and write down what you get and dont lose it. that way the next time it burns out you know what it was out of the box, because it should not change. (very little)

Yes i tested every electrical component that could be tested. I havent pulled the plug after it gets hot and acts up. I guess the next step would be to let it run til it acts up and pull the plug out and check spark? I just dont like cranking my starter over and over, i just replaced it and have been using it a LOT because of this problem. infact the battery is dead because i went riding two days ago and had to turn the engine over so many times to get it to start every time.

Back