stalls out after its warmed up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fuel line is good and i just put a new fuel filter on a couple days ago which flows better but the problem persists.

my stator is reading 300ohms from one set of wires and 496 ohms from the other set. this contradicts what the manual says but other people say its fine...?

maybe try to borrow a buddys stator and see if that fixes it,before you spend the cash

what year is this? i have an extra stator. if ur lookin to buy a used one, ill check the ohmsto make sure its good if ur interested.

Only happen when its warm? You can start it and it will idle fine right? How long after you start it and let it idel will it then stall out?

U have a clear fuel line on it?

87warrior917 thanks. its a 2000. ill let u know.

DeadLast, Yes it only happens when the bike gets up to normal operating temp. It starts great when its cold and idles fine.
Heres how i show people the problem in person: I start the bike up and let it idle for 10-15 minutes. after that it sounds like it starts losing spark intermittently until it stops firing enough to keep the engine going. after it stalls it takes a few seconds pressing the starter to get it running again. It does this every time, the same way.

The guy i met the other day on the trails said it could be the fact that my baffle is gone and im running a stock air filter and that i need to rejet or get the baffle. But ive never heard of anyone taking the baffle out of their stcok warrior which caused it to stop working when hot.

Sorry for the long post but i really need to emphasize that IF i keep the rpms up, it will stay running, but once you let the rpms go back to normal idle it will sporadically cut out and want to die.

Last edited:
I can't offer any help on this, but I would love to know what fixes this. Please keep us updated.

holy **** man i kid you not my moms yamaha timberwolf 250 does that exact same thing! i mean i have done everything to try and figure it out, totally cleaned the carb twice, checked all the intake boots, checked the timing, adjusted the valves to specs, cleaned the airfilter, i also checked every single electrical device there is to test and all was good.... and still that bitch does it! pisses me off, cause it will run like a champ until you let it idle. once hers stalls it will start right back up thou...

what about the kill switch grounding out somewhere? cause when it does that towards the end it sounds like the kill switch is turning on and off... this is mind boggling!:bird: (not to you to the quads lmao)

a kill switch or the stator going out or grounding out....thats crazy

Does anyone thin that it seems like it could be the stator? Im thinking that even though it is ohming out, maybe it could be bad. It's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point.

check every wire on your harness mainly by the ones that are by the head ,pipe,etc stuff that gets hot and make sure theres no bare or brittle wires,if your postive on no bad or shorting out wiring and postive its not the carb , buy a used stator , you could always resell it if that doesnt fix it. what about the cdi getting warm and cutting out? my polaris did the same thing would run find for 10 to 15 min and die ,let it sit for a minute and it would fire right up,took me forever to figure it out I replaced the fuel line with a thick one and never had the problem again ,I didnt see any thing wrong with it,but it was a thin one and when the engine got hot fuel would evaporate in the line, basically run fine until the bowl was dry but would kinda stay running if I throttled it alot because of the suction pulling enough fuel thru

I have tested it right after the problem rears its head and the set of wires that reads 496 while cold read about 600 when hot.

It's not the cdi. I have swapped it with another one right when the problem starts happening and the problem continued.

I really don't think its the fuel, though im not sure and really have no idea how to test if there is a proper amount of gas in the bowl.

Edit: bought a new stator from RMstator and will know by the end of this week if it fixes it.

well good thing you got a stator because in my manual neither of the coils is supposed to even test at 496. i really think thats your problem and if it aint ill even eat my words. lol

I was told the higher reading was OK by a rep at Ricky Stator but I would sure as hell like to know why it doesnt match the correct readings according to my Clymer manual.

i know the aftermarket ones ohm high as im pretty sure thats the pickup coil in mine. i had to replace that last year cause the oem took a **** and i didnt want to replace the whole stator at the time.

Couldn't be fuel problems or it would act this way all the time. Since it only does it when it gets hot I would aim towards something electrical. If it was fuel and needed the jets cleaned or something it would be hard to start and give you running issues at any given time or if it would run at all. If you had a dirty air filter and something got into the carb it would act up from that point on.

dirtrider, thats exactly what my train of thought is. Something is heating up and acting up. there are no issues starting or running the bike when its cold. The compression is good.

Last edited:
Back