Shock Covers Options/Opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJCaldie

Reaction score
So just got a pair of AT-Steelers fairly cheep. sending em off today to Geralds shock guy for a rebuild. Pretty excited to get something working for me up front.

My DirtSkins are too short now so im looking for something new. i really liked my them though. that Neoprene held up very well and kept everything clean with no seal damage. im thinking about trying a different company this time around. anyone have any suggestions to look into? ive probably looked at every company already but im curious to see what everyone thinks. kind of have my eye on Shockwears but if they use the same thin material they use for their filters then ill look elsewhere.

http://www.urbanbike.co.uk/yamaha-quad-team-branded-shock-sox-covers-4665-p.asp saw these over the weekend but the dimmensions ive found are big and im not too sure i like the idea of zippers... or paying Euro

http://www.dirtskins.com/product_p/ds02-2c.htm is my default if i dont find anything else interesting. why change if it worked so well right?

its hard to want to cover these up but protection is a necessity IMO

warriorworksfronts_zps333db8f5.jpg

yeah they looked like some nice covers. but PEP covers on works seems like blasphemy

Why?
Makes you look like you have high end shocks???
Na just kidding
There are a million of them out there take your pick

I'd rock some PEP covers on any shocks except Axxis or Fox lol

Haha yeah. I meen ive looked at em and theyre nice. How is that zipper though?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Actually I've been digging my defaults lately. Should look sick

so i talked to Enrique over at Dirtskins today because i couldn't just find a cover that would fit aftermarket shocks. only Outerwears actually lists their measurements. Hes custom making me covers for my setup now. these guys don't charge any more than if you were to buy a set built for your bike. they just want to make sure everything will fit exactly how it should. well my professional indecisiveness came out in me more than usual today and he gave me a sweet deal for two sets. so whichever one i decide i dont want im going to sell to someone here for cheap. and my other stock set for cheaper. i have a set coming in the mail next week of both of these.

DS01-2C-2T.jpg
DS01-2E-2T.jpg

thats what i originally wanted but got hesitant because i couldn't find any pictures whatsoever of anyone running them. not sure how its really going to look. its mostly stock label or the flames to the right. i told him about it and he said, Ill tell ya what....

lol so if they turn out at least ill have something original. what? you got lt arms custom intake to edelbrock bored over blah blah blah? check this out! thats drag flames on my shock cover whaaaaaat!

heh... one day though. one day

covers came in today. the drag flames are sort of a disappointment. they dont wrap around much of the cover as i was worried about. ill have to call him tomorrow about the other covers because he gave me a label set instead of the race flames. was really looking for something that pops and if the race flames are just as small, though i know they wrap around, i might not even like them either. might end up running the label set anyways.

5c019440-25ec-43e6-a4f1-d6b4e023e91e_zps6df7cbfe.jpg

Oh man... Actually he really messed up. He gave me two sets of two rears and one front. Definitely gonna have to call tomorrow

Sort of the impression I am starting to get. I don't have my shocks back yet so it's not too big of a deal but I couldn't wait for this weekend to be over to see these things

He was a pretty cool guy. I'm sure he'll send me some new stuff quick. Unless he wants these back I'm going to have a crap-ton of shock covers rotting in my garage though lol. I'll be selling whatever I have left pretty cheap once I know what's going on.

did he confirm if the race flames wrap around the whole cover?

I ended up having to call him back. He's sending me two new sets. One logo and one race flames this time. So we'll see how those look. He was a bit dismissive on the phone this time around so at this point I kinda just hope I have something before the shocks come it. But whenever I get them in I'll do some more pics. This is becoming a lot of work just for some stupid covers. I feel like by the end of this I'll know everything dirtskins.

I've decided If anyone can find a use for these extra covers I'm just going to give them away. Whenever I get my newer new covers in I'll post everything I have

did he confirm if the race flames wrap around the whole cover?

If you Google them theresults enough pics to say yes and they look pretty good but I'll know for sure in about a week. Else fails Im still getting a logo set

Latest posts

Back