shift lever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
last night I confiscated the shifter from one of my roomys broken blasters and with a few bends it turned out pruty good.
DSC02137320x200.jpg

I have the Tusk Shifter it alright havent had and probles with it ...... I would just buy a tusk yz shiter that way you have a direct connect and you can pick you own color too, where for the they make only link and only color it comes in is this shitty Sliver.
~Eddie

the stock shifter has two ball joints and a plastic bushing on the foot peg. so when all those parts wear you get side to side and up and down play. this is a pic of my stock shifter with all the linkage.
DSC021411024x768.jpg

mine was so bad you could make small circles with the end of it :eek:

I just got an ASR yz250f shift lever in the mail. Damn this thing is beefy, it's aluminum and weighs almost nothing but looks like it's impossible to bend. Hopefully it'll fit.

Also, it said it fits the YZ,YZF and WRF on the package, so if anybody's looking for a shifter those might fit too.

Let us know how it works. I know that me and my friend put a yfz450 shifter on his warrior was a direct connect and worked good too

the stock shifter has two ball joints and a plastic bushing on the foot peg. so when all those parts wear you get side to side and up and down play. this is a pic of my stock shifter with all the linkage.
DSC021411024x768.jpg

mine was so bad you could make small circles with the end of it :eek:
Yeah and when the linkage that connects to the shifter wears out you have to buy a new shifter too??

yeah I think thats how it works because I cant find just the linkage for sale.

I just bought a 2001 warrior. The first time I rode it the the little rod between the shifter and the tranny broke when i was downshifting. Im stuck in 3rd gear. Any feed back on what to do about it.

Now what

I have had a direct shifter on the warrior for while about 2yrs not a yz got it off a quad at the salvage lot

Have not tried to remove the stock shifter I just have it flipped back and wired down so do I just cut it off with cutoff wheel or what

Back