Revive the site.....

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
deadlastracing said:
can we drop the proboards31 part? Perhaps yfm350central.com or YFM350world. I dunno. but it would help if we fixed the search. If I google yfm350central nothing but a wiki page about death comes up but if i search yfm350 central, its the first listing. For some reason the space cuts out the site.

That is because the yfm350central domain is no longer attached to this forum. And that wiki pages comes up because he is the owner of the domain.

yfm350 is short and simple, Basiclly as stated above after spendign a good chunk on my old warrior modding it was all i did and quickly relized its not worth it went out and got a 04 yfz for a great price and will never look back , i have sense tried to stay out of the quad world and just ride the damn thing and have been focusing on my car ( Supra). Its like anything people move on and go on to new things. I miss the old days of yfm they were great i still drop in here once in a wile but it just a bit boring : / we need new members and get the site back movng again i will help in anyway to make this happen i spent alot of good times here and leaned alot when it was moving and think i owe it a bit so let me know if i can do anything to help.

I would like to help with the DNS. If we get www.yfm350.com or www.yfm350site.com or anything similar... can we link it directly to this forum? or does someone know of any hosting that can afford a forum like this one?
I'm new here , from chile and have found here a great comunity thats why , like I said before I would like to help , but someone has to take care of the administration issues

I can take care of hosting/administration I have hosting and a vbulletin license and premium themes for it.. oh and the domain yfmcentral.com.. I don't care i 'd be happy to help you guys out

We can link the domain directly to the forum. If not I can build or someone can build a cover page and go from there.

The problem with starting a new forum is we will lose all of the information on this one it is not transferable. I am sure I speak for most of us when I say we don't want to start all over again. This site isn't that old and has a lot of information on it. Its a good idea though, don't get me wrong.

Just thought of something as I was looking through the welcome section (which is pathetic, people saying hello and no hellos in return and those same people only having two post, anyways) when people sign up for the site, is it mandatory that they give there email? ( i forget) if so could we every once and a while send out some sort of a come back and visit the site message to some of the members who haven't visited in a while?

Alright, what I think I'm gonna do is, redirect the domain that I have yfmcentral.com to this address so that way we get into the search engines more, and hopefully that will get us more visitors. I just wish there was someway that we could transfer all of this info to a forum with better software.. But oh well.. I'm working on it now.

As of right now you should be able to visit the site by typing yfmcentral.com into your browser and it should bring you right to this site.. Let me know if it works for you guys.

You can still get to it, but I don't see much point as no one was posting on it. I really wish we could like repost all of the information on this site onto that one but oh well.

I do like the way your site looked and was operated as well as some of the features but this site has tons upon tons of helpful information. I'm sure there is a way out there to revamp a forum with out loosing all the info. Ill look into it.

you know what we could do is just get some people together that are really committed to having a yfm 350 forum, and we could work on taking some of the information from here and re-posting it there.

There is really no sence to two yfm350 boards as really we don't get enough traffic on one. Personally I've put alot of time in on this web site helping people and sharing my knowledge for people that want to learn and others have done this as well. Do I wish we had more members, of course!
If you do take info I would make sure and give credit to who ever posted that info as they took there time to do it for others. IMO.

I was just reading the ProBoards FAQ's regarding database copy/transfer, and quite frankly, its a load of ****. They say its not possible, but it doesnt appear to be anything more than a typical SQL setup.

They simply dont want people to take their data elsewhere, they want to keep sites like this locked in to their system to keep leeching money from them.

Unfortunately, the only way around this, would be to put a crew together, and start copy/pasting to a new board... and thats a fair amount of work.

This forum might fair better on its own, a server setup is no problem, and I could provide that easily... but getting the (important) data over is the real trick....

I for one, dont want to lose any of the stuff we have here, and starting over does kind of suck.

Damned if you do, damned if ya dont....

I got permission, and it's not url based, it's basically proboards to phpbb to vbulletin. The only thing is the users are going to have to reset their passwords as it's not safe to transfer them.

It's kind of complicated since proboards is pearl i believe and vbulletin is php.

I am having a couple troubles but I hope to get it to work.

So will everyone's signature and avy transfer as well? How will this work. Do people have to trandfer every piece of info from every post? Will the end result be this forum but with the look of a newer forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back