Registering ATVs

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sticker actually can deter theft because anyone who works for Ca. or the government can run the tag at any time-just like a car.If you dont have the matching name on your ID then you might be in big trouble :eek:

Its really there for Ca. tax profit and to keep the parks open.This is Holister Hills,40 miles or so from my house:
http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=1179
Check out the links,this is a really cool place.This park and all the others are $5 to get in.

Have they ever ran yours?
No-they would run it if I got into some trouble.I am not saying that the rangers do more than glance at the tag when you are at the gate.The tag is not "meant" to be a theft deterent,but somehow I think thieves think about the vin # right?Unless they are the ones selling all the almost new parts on Ebay.A registered atv is tougher to sell whole,because the numbers will alert all kinds of red flags.Just my .02 cents.

Yeah in Dumont they just need to see it somewhere. I think the money is to help with parks, and they started charging to go into Dumont too, which helps with the nice little bathrooms they put all over the place.

Back