Rebuild help?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YAMAHAULER

Reaction score
So now that I now know I am gonna have to rebuild my 02 warrior motor's bottom end I was just wondering on what kits to get I want to keep it as close to stock as I can and keep it as reliable as possible for trail riding just want to get some links for parts that are good but won't break the bank like crank, push rod and all bearings seals and gaskets and a good trail riding clutch kit and what ever else is needed. any and all help will be greatly appreciated

Well took her for a ride tonight she made it about 15 miles and the motor started rattling and grinding then lost all power so I pulled the clutch in and she took her last breath.
still turns over so far and then stops almost tries to start and then it's like it seizes she's officially dead now just gotta find the cheapest route to fix her rebuild existing motor or buy another

Well took her for a ride tonight she made it about 15 miles and the motor started rattling and grinding then lost all power so I pulled the clutch in and she took her last breath.
still turns over so far and then stops almost tries to start and then it's like it seizes she's officially dead now just gotta find the cheapest route to fix her rebuild existing motor or buy another

Sounds like a nice non smoking stock motor would be best to replace the trashed one.

Why in the blazing hell would you continue to ride with a known sick engine?

Probably wiped everything and anything that was still salvageable before the ride.
Dude :eek:hno:

^^I am going to look at the whole thing this week some time. It needs a crank and you can see the engine is apart and crank missing in the one photo.

Oh wow I totally forgot that it had a crank issue!! LOL Long week!!!

Its too bad this didnt happen a few weeks back, before I sold the red quads motor.

she still fires up but but can't stay running so I'm thinking it couldn't have done much carnage as I shut it down as soon as it started loosing power so just need to get a price on a lower end rebuild just wanna keep it all stock if possible

If I were you I start tearing it down and hope no major damage happened. Like actually damaging the crank. I do hope for you its not overly major!

If I were you I start tearing it down and hope no major damage happened. Like actually damaging the crank. I do hope for you its not overly major!
I was thinking about pulling it out and putting the motor from my 92 in it till I can afford to rebuild it cause the 92 has carb issues and possible cdi prob after riding for about 5 to 10 minutes it just dies and won't start till it sits for about a half hour or so then it fires right up

just wanted to make sure it wasn't seized I didn't run it just turned it over with gas off but it wanted to start I think it threw the crank bearings

Man I def wouldnt have rode it anymore once you started hearing noise. Especially if you thought it was the crank bearing!!???:eek: Odds are if it started losing power while you were riding it, it prob toasted the top end... once you start eating the crank bearing shaving will be everywhere and be able to flow into the head which in turn reeks havoc on everything in the top end...

I was thinking about pulling it out and putting the motor from my 92 in it till I can afford to rebuild it cause the 92 has carb issues and possible cdi prob after riding for about 5 to 10 minutes it just dies and won't start till it sits for about a half hour or so then it fires right up

Id probably do that if I was you, that way you can rebiuld it as time and money allows and how ever you feel you want to rebiuld.

Got the motor pulled out gonna pull the head off later this afternoon to see if there is any damage to the cylinder. Took both side cases off and everything looks good nothing is loose or cracked just a lot of shavings in the oil when I drained it

Latest posts

Back