Rebuild help?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just wondering will the motor from my 92 plug into the wire harness on my 02? Like the 2 plugs from the stator?I don't have to change the wire harness over too will I? just drop plug and play right?

I was afraid you would say that... can I just swap stator and side cover without any prob?

yeah you can do that, the covers are the same. Make sure the flywheels are the same also as the older ones had diff ones.

Swapping the wiring would be easier i would think

yeah you can do that, the covers are the same. Make sure the flywheels are the same also as the older ones had diff ones.

Swapping the wiring would be easier i would think
I was hoping to avoid that because the 92 has carb ,stator and or wiring isues it runs like a top but after a half hour to an hour of riding it just dies and won't start for a good half hour plus at about 1/3 throttle up it pops and snaps and when it dies it has weak spark so don't know?

Swapping the wiring would be easier i would think[/QUOTE
what's so different about the flywheels between a 92 and a 02 warrior?

They trigger the coil in different spots. You`ll have spark but it might not run.

View attachment 648

View attachment 649

well last night I got the motor out was gonna put my motor from my 92 in but found out I'll have to switch wire harnesses can anyone give me an idea of cost to rebuild and what brand parts to get would like to keep it stock but wouldn't mind beefing it up a tad nothing major would still like to run pump gas and keep it in budget would be willing to trade my SledBed 2 place aluminum tilt trailer for someone to do a rebuild for me.

Last edited:
what size allen are the head bolts gonna take the head off to see if there is any damage to the cylinder walls?

Back