Project 4x4

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattd

Reaction score
I've had my warrior for 2 years and it does pretty good for the trails i ride but sometimes i really need a 4x4 to go where everyone else i know who has a 4x4 goes. I decided to fix up the old 88 honda 350 foreman we have. My grandfather bought it new in 88 and hasnt really been ridden at all in like 3 years because everyone got there own newer quad.
DSCN0541.jpg

DSCN0542.jpg

DSCN0543.jpg

DSCN0546.jpg

stock tires from 88
DSCN0547.jpg

It needs new tires and wheels, new bearings in the swingarms and wheels, new plastics, rear and maybe fromt rack, and a good tune up.
What do you guys think?

looks like its gonna need some work but should be pretty nice when its done

I see some potential in it, and those old hondas will never let you sit.

Yea it's old, and its a rough ride but it's been through hell and back and never let us down except for when my brother plowed it into a tree and broke the front swingarm(hes not the smartest rider) This is probably one of the most reliable quads I've ever seen. What do you guys suggest for tires, I was thinking bearclaws or mudlites. Any other suggestions.

swap lite or mudzilla. I know you can get the swamp lite to work but don't know size wise if you can get the mudzilla.

wow, those fenders look really sad, but you said it's been to hell and back so it's in good shape for going to hell! g/l w/ it, get some big tires to put on that thing :p

For the tire size im looking for 24x9x11 (stock), 24x10x11 or depending on what wheels i can get i might get 12 inch wheels not exactly sure yet i have to look around some more.

Well I we had some unexpected other things to pay for before we can get to work on this so progress is slow but hopefully within the next month or 2 i can really start wrenching on it.

go with the mudlites you will never ever everv ever ever be dispointed.....my friend drives his kodiak 400 like a sport machine literally he jumps it off 3-4 foot tall jumps..he gots mudlights and lives on a farm...goes muddin with them has not had one problem with them.!!!!!!!!!!!

I run Mud Gears on my Quadrunner. They are 6 ply. Ride a bit rough, but the traction has to be experienced to be believed.

newtire1.JPG

newtire2.JPG

mudlites wear too damn quick if you ride hard though. If you ride it like an old ute is meant to be rode they'll hold up good, but if you ride it like a sport quad they'll be gone quick.

my friend rides the **** out of his mudlites...he a sport atver in his mind but just doesnt have one.....he has done even brake stands on pavement and they are still hoden up great.

Well i decided to get into the RC racing scene after realizing how much fun it is so for now all i have for the quad is the bearings and a little tune up to make it run right and ridable without having to worry about it falling apart on me. New plastics and tires will proabably come sometime over the summer once i get some money again.

ahh the rc faze.....i had that same problem haha i got a rustler with a big monster electric enegine...wanna buy it off of me??

Latest posts

Back