Pit Bikes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its flooding in high gear then the main is to rich, go down a few sizes on the main. And if its doing the same from idle to mid throttle then its to rich on the pilot also. I just put a 26mm carb on the ssr 125 and i had to put a 120 main from a 210 main. It ran good at idle and 1/4 throttle but anything more than 1/4 throttle it was flooding. Set the air/fuel screw in all the way then back it off 1 1/2 turns and try that with new jetting.

If it spills out the overflow check the floats, it could be sticky or its set above the overflow port.

No it's set good not sticking that was the first thing I checked it seems to run good when it feels like it but dumps fuel all the time no matter what less the petcock is off and it get little amount of fuel

Coty
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main might be the issue float could be up a hair to much

Coty

I guess ur right bro now that think about it. It shows all the signs of float adjustment as well as over jetting

Coty

The petcock could be tletting fuel in but it still shouldnt overflow the bowl. That could be the float up a bit to much.

Open it up and see what size main you have and go buy some jets, there cheap. If you need any help with what sizes to probly get feel free to ask me.

Ive been messing with these motors for years so i know whats going on with them and how to make them use the power instead of restricting it from stock.

Ya I'm new to pitbike a I built a Harley basket case that pulls 11 to 1 and god does it haul ass but the pit is a whole diff story I am good with any bike but a pit

Coty

The pit bikes are real simple. My last motor I had in mine I bumped up the compression from 9:1 to 12.5:1.

Damn ya my Harley started its death at 8 to 1 now it's 11 to1 dragged out most of the parts I cnced or fabbed

Coty

They seem simple but are temper mental compared to big bikes because they don't put out the same tones and mild diff in layout due to lay out

Coty

It was a beast with the higher compression. I fabbed up my own intake adapter for the 26mm carb, I wasnt going to spend $60 on something I can make. Also got a $175 carb for free and $40 with everything I had to buy and couldnt make to get it to run

They are very temper mental, but once you get to know them you can diagnose whats wrong easier. Trust me, if it can go wrong ive dealt with it. If you want to know all the stuff you can do to either the pitbikes ill tell you whats interchangeable

Ya I sold the sdg about a week ago money got tight let it go cheap

Coty

The sdg's are nice, I just dont like the 50 frame and small tires. Get the ssr running good and mod the hell out of it lol

I plan on doing just that ha ha I liked the sdg motor with my perimeter frame

Coty

Look up crf 50 parts for the ssr. Everything is interchangeable as far as bolt ons. Only wiring is different and engine internals but you can still get parts for it.

I actually found a lot here locally on Craig's they are every were

Coty

Back