Pit Bikes

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THORrider05

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pit bike? If so what do you have and whats done to it?

Ill start with my money pit

Started life as a 2004 Honda CRF70

First mods-
-Uni pod filter
-Hyper CDI
-Pro Taper xr50 bars
-honda civic/accord bumpstop in rear shock
- Lots of tubes and tires replaced
-Broke the rear frame off so i braced that
-cut front/ rear fenders
-ported intake

Then I fried the piston to the rod and it sat for a few years,got a white brothers r4 exhaust super cheap, bought a bbr 88cc kit to find out i needed an xr/crf 50 head for it to work right so i sold it and made some $$ from it(helps when i get discounts haha).Then a few more years went by and i decided to get it running again.

Second mods-
-SSR Motorsports 125cc engine w/4spd
-Installed White Brothers R4 exhaust
-Skidplate(finally)
-BBR HD Pegmount
-Braced the frame
-ported the stock crf70 carb
rode it for a few months then started on the suspension
-BBR front fork springs w/ 15w fork oil
-I-Shock rear shock
-+4 xr/crf 50 rear swinger (+2 for the 70)
-New skidplate (destroyed the first one)
-chain roller
-Custom lower rod end for the rear shock after it broke(more travel and works better)
-High compression piston
-XR80 cdi (hyper cdi died)

Then the trans went out and now I just started on it again

Third Mods-
- SSR Motorsports 125cc w/4spd
-Mikuni 26mm carb
-custom adapter i made for carb
-Cradle frame brace
-Another new skidplate
-New performance coil
-New CDI (BLUE)
-15T front sprocket

Im sure im forgetting something.

I got one. Had a SSR125 for a while, it morphed into a SDG125 with a few goodies. Super fun!!!

Got protaper bars and a tall gripper seat on it now.

a few pics

Attachments

• Photo2071.jpg
    Photo2071.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 21
  • Photo2108.jpg
    Photo2108.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Photo2089.jpg
    Photo2089.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 22
Also forgot to add, I welded some tube i had to the pegmount for the triangle stand to go in. Will get pics of that if anyone wants to see

My CRF50 clone

8a608706c8d011e2a32122000ae90e38_7.jpg

I need to slap a graphics kit on mine!

I've never liked the rear a-frame swingger, and drum brakes are weak. I hunted for the SDG frame for quite some time and got it for a steal in pieces, kid had no idea what he had. slap on a fastace shock and BRAAAPPPP it like crazy!

I would prefer to have a big bike style swinger but for the price that i got mine for was a steal. And its hard to find a swinger that is longer then the stock 70 swinger. And surprising my bike handles really well with the a-frame swinger. 10x better than stock, plus i have a custom rear shock ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373695371.029927.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373695381.497495.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1373695393.479259.jpg
Not to crazy HD front forks full adjustable new full body frame sdg 125 motor 4 speed manual extended swinger tons of fun and wicked fast also have a ssr 90 but can't seem to get the damn carb right so it just sits I think ill sell it

Coty
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373695777.528025.jpg
My ssr DDR pipe semi auto trans fast but won't ever run right

Coty

I actually can't remember I can tell u this it looks like a 21mm

Coty

Heres a few questions- did it run before? Has it sat for awhile? If it runs but runs poorly whats it doing to not run well? (ie- stutters when gives gas?)

Hesitates floods out high gears starts lugging down and stalls in High Rpms it's been jetted twice adjusted needle out it was sitting cleaned carb perfectly yet the over flow dumps fuel and it won't hold an idle for crap when it's semi warm hot it holds it ok the idiot that had it before me put a spring back toggle for the kill switch so idk what the deal is I got it for a toy was going to give it to my gf but not with it bein like it is

Coty

Back