Peace rappy

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaharaptor350

Reaction score
yea i jsut traded the rappy in, the quads I ride with now are way to big and fast for the little 350 to hang so it was time.... got a white/silver 06 yfz. I should be pickin it up by the end of this week, ill post some pics when shes here

haha dont blame you..... i need something else soon too. im maxing it out so bad

good luck with it and def. post some pics

yep i jsut thought i was gonna blow it up every ride, id be tapped out in 6th and everyone else would be in like 4th lol

well..congrats! But heres my 2 cents.....The 450 is really a race quad, and yamaha has built them with that in mind. They anticipate people tearing the motor apart quite a bit..rebuilding and such in between races. It will be a nice fast quad for ya, but its about as close to a 2 stroke as a 4 stroke could be...in other words is going to be a pretty high maintance quad. Keep your service manual close by... unlike the warrior or rappy 350 that live on neglect, the 450 is just the opposite. This is not my own theory either, yamaha will tell you the same thing..not a sales guy looking for a commision...but yamaha. Have fun with your new quad, and i cant wait to see the pics.

yea I had that in mind but ill I dont beat my **** and i always do regular maintaince so I think she should be good for a while... we'll see, i might be gettin the extended warenty tho jsut in case

So many people trading in their 350's lately! Sad to say, i'm also looking at either an LT-R or Honda 450r. The power of these things gets old quick. :-/

i shall be added to the list soon. selling my warrior and getting a raptor 660. my dad got a raptor and after a day of riding it i gota have one.

you're never gonna see me on the list, the warrior is here to stay. I'm hoping to get a dual-sport honda 650 within the next year or so, but i'll definitely be keeping the warrior.

I won't get anything larger for quite some time, I'd rather do some dirty tricks to make the cylinder hold more pressure. I want to see how much nos this thing can handle before I tuck tail and sell it!!! I'll need a aftermarket crank and rod pretty soon to go further though, the rod will be first to break probably. I'll have some vids shortly of the little 350 cranking out more hp than the stock yfzs. ;D ;D ;D In a year or so I'll turn it into the 400 it needs to be. If I need to make the engine components tougher I'll do it, the roush dyno and machine shops are in the other half of my building and the building accross the lot from me. You should see the **** they've been running over there!!!

I'll stick to the little rappy. On the trails that I ride, you can't max out anything. The only difference really is acceleration and skill. My skill can't handle any more acceleration...lol.

I wonder if people think the Yfz is the next step up from a 350?? ITS NOT. its hard to imagine but stock for stock a 450 will beat the snot out of a 660 raptor...heres why:

Althought the raptor is a 660cc the yfz has a bigger bore displacment on it. the YFZs displacement is 11:0.1 were the raptor stock is 9:0.1, so almost equaling them out in displacement output. Plus the 450 is 350 pounds!
No reverse would suck for trails though.

but when you start comparing the suspension, how well they corner, and things other than just power the yfz comes out on top

The rap660 (or now 686 fi) is overall the better trail bike though. It's got the reverse, and a bunch more torque than the 450 does. The only problem I would have with either is width, they just widened up the rappy so it would be a bit tight for me on quite a few of the trails here. I would rather keep the smaller bike and turn the motor into a sleeper that you could wake up with a little switch for the hill climbs and wide open drags.

"Althought the raptor is a 660cc the yfz has a bigger bore displacment on it. the YFZs displacement is 11:0.1 were the raptor stock is 9:0.1, so almost equaling them out in displacement output. Plus the 450 is 350 pounds!
No reverse would suck for trails though."

the yfz is 11.4.1 and the raptor 660 and 700 are 9.2.1 just lettin ya know and how you said "they're high matience quads" they're really not at all. my friends have had 450s for almost two years now and not one problem that has effected the bike. i've had my 06 for about 4 months now and nothing has gone wrong.

oh and congrats on the new bike, YOUR GONNA LOVE IT. when i got mine and rode it for a few days and then got back on my old raptor 350 i was like man wheres the power. The 450s hauls and you can have fun doing anything. I ride trials a little and race motocross and it does awesome in both areas. have fun

It wouldn't be displacement in that case, only compression. What would happen when you increase the rappy's compression to 11:1, very nice increase in power!!! The rappy is just handicapped when you first buy it, add some mods and it's breathing fire like godzilla.

Is there anything wrong with the 2004 yfz's? I have a chance to get a fully decked out one for cheap that has hardly been ridden. I just don't wan't to be spending a forture fixing things on it.

From what I've witnessed, they are very close stock for stock, except for suspension. Who wins in a race still depends on the rider.

Back