Old vs new

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem that the main stream market of buyers want automatics. Yamha evidently decided to change a well proven machine. Had they only offered the 450 with the same semi-auto trany would have been cool. When searching for a sport 4x4 was debating between the 350 Wolvy & the Scrambler. Wow--am glad I went for the Wolvy and love it. Semi auto's are being fazed out & the 450 auto was a natural progression.

The 1st gen (older) had more bottom end grunt. My 03 had the 365 kit and had great torque. The newer is faster on the topend and balanced better. If they'd left the manual shift tranny- the 2nd gen would be Great. If you are tall as I am 6'5, the 2nd gen is a better fit. My only bitch about the 2nd gen is the removal of the gears. Alot of wasted and lost power. The 2nd gen is by far a better sport oriented machine. I've launched mine 30 feet in the air and have no prob with balance. I couldn't control the 1st as well. But thats my opinion and you Know what those are like (O)

Latest posts

Back