ok guys need some help here im stumped!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beamesy7

Reaction score
Quad was running lean at an idle and makin header glow and breakin up a little bit under throttle, so i upped my pilot to a 45 and my main from a 147.5 to a 150. I have a full dg exhuadt front to back and air box lid mod with a med flow filter. Now it wont idle!!! Ive had the carb off three times today and everything is working properly and is clean!!!! Intake boot is new, im so ******* confused here what could have change so much? Ive tried adjusting idle screw and air screw with no changes, even replaced choke assembly because ive had the same problem in the past with my last warrior, and it was the choke lever and orings!!! Any ideas, im in the shop now so fast response will be much appreciated! Was supposed to go ride with the friends to day and ended up having to take the old ladys dvx 300 YAY!..... NOT!!!! Thanks, beamesy7

Last edited:
Yep new orings with the boot and wouldnt the accelerator pump make it run rich and bog out not race?? Just a question. Any help i will check.

Needle is at 3rd setting like most of us run em at, i have the carb apart now and dont see a damn problem. The 45 i put in is brand new mikuni equiptment. It was running wayyy too lean with the stock pilot

Ok, accelerator pump is working fine also. Should i drop the needle a notch? Doesnt make sense, running lean would cause a high idle, not rich, and i upped everything.

go back to your org pilot add idle fuel with mix screw 1st . It ran there check your plug at id and 1/3 throttle hold at cruse speed rpm and kill mtr to get good reading cardboard brown is good white is lean . the needle has to be in the jet it is 1/2 of it at closed it will be most of the way in at WOT just the tip should be in ,if not check the install .

I tried switching back to pilot jet and adjusting everything all over agin made no difference still idles very high. Runs great other that has power all the way up through just doesnt go down to a typical idle like it should.

Your sucking air from some where then. From either your boot or the o ring on your boot.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9310 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back