Oil drain plug/oil leaking problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warriorrider13

Reaction score
I was tightening my oil drain plug and the metal around the bolt broke off. I think this happened because I overtightened it maybe. I feel so stupid because I broke my drain plug. Here is my parts list :
3 wheel nuts+washers
1 oil drain plug
1 cotter pin
if I can get this from my dealer..a parking brake block-off plate
along with all my engine parts that I'm going to need when i take the engine apart(I'm starting on the winter holidays)
front sprocket axle
front sprocket
maybe a new chain

P.S. Is 23 ft lbs. the right torque for the oil drain plug?

Look at the tutorials, I believe they have the complete online manuals, it'll say in there. It doesn't have to be very tight at all compared to most ****.

the oil drain plug i hate that damn thing... i striped it out.. andit took me 45 minutes to get it out... then i had to buy a new one

the oil drain plug i hate that damn thing... i striped it out.. andit took me 45 minutes to get it out... then i had to buy a new one

did the exact same thing 1 hour before i left for a trip. had to pic of a part on the way. finding one is very hard on short notice but i did manage :cool:

You stripped the threads? Not the head?

WTF?

he might of stripted the head ot the bolt not the threads useing a 12p socket in stead of 6p socket u will striop it with a 12p it alumin going in to steel alumin gona go first.

he might of stripted the head ot the bolt not the threads useing a 12p socket in stead of 6p socket u will striop it with a 12p it alumin going in to steel alumin gona go first.

Yeah well that goes back to common ******* sense (not using 12 point sockets on high torqued applications), someone needs to go to school to learn how to use tools - j/k ;).

But Yeah... I don't understand why these bolts are being torqued so tight anyway people!

i wasnt using i 12 point socket.. i was using a 6 point. 19mm i beleve. it was just my dad tighten that down wicked tight last time it had a oil change( he wanted to do it dont know why) and i couldnt quite get under the quad.. and i didnt have the socket on all the way and it striped out the head.. not the threads...

He musta been thinking about turbo at the time!...lol
nope i was thinking about how gay marven and death are playing grab ass and i got mad cuzi hate gays lol

i wasnt using i 12 point socket.. i was using a 6 point. 19mm i beleve. it was just my dad tighten that down wicked tight last time it had a oil change( he wanted to do it dont know why) and i couldnt quite get under the quad.. and i didnt have the socket on all the way and it striped out the head.. not the threads...

So you can't use a socket wrench; that's even worse then using a 12P socket! lol

nope dont know how to use a ******* socket wrench btw wht the **** is a socket wrench????dont think ive ever hard of one of those....... ******* tard

I've never heard of it either. Is it the same as a 'ratchet wrench' or 'gear wrench'? Just another name for the same tool?

lol, nevermind, I think he meant you don't know how to use a socket because you didn't have it all the way on...lol The wrench part threw me off.

If the threads are messed up, your Dad must have done it. Maybe that is why he tightened it so tight. If that is the case, it may not have actually been tight, just hard to turn because of being put in crossed threaded. I've never heard of messing up threads when taking a bolt out!

nope dont know how to use a ******* socket wrench btw wht the **** is a socket wrench????dont think ive ever hard of one of those....... ******* tard

It’s another name for a "ratchet" and is a noun.

You have your socket, and your "socket wrench"...

Do you color in the lines xking, or were you one of those people who didn’t heed their existence until much later?

Socket Wrench:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=socket%20wrench

Ratchet:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=ratchet

What definition defines the tool more clearly? In our shop we say socket wrench do to their being other things that can be considered "ratchets". The term "ratchet" describes a general mechanism and doesn’t define particularly one type of tool.

EX: ratchet wrenches (not a socket wrench an actual wrench), straps, etc...

When you say hand me that "ratchet" it could mean:

CT%205%20piece%20Ratchet%20Box%20Wrench%20Kit.jpg

wrench%20-%20ratchet%20w%20deep%20socket.jpg

DA72500-ratchet-wrench.gif

110457_lg.gif

B0000AX247.01-A1787XOD7Q2I4M._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

and on and on and on...

Don’t forget in a shop ALL the tools are laid out nice and neat in one section; when you point in the general area and ask for a "ratchet", you will have to elaborate further on what you want vs. asking for a "socket wrench".

n00b...

Latest posts

Back