New Jeep

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get the point of spending 30k on a jeep to begin with. I know if I wanted something to drive off-road i'd get an older one for ~5000 so when I roll it over I wouldn't be sitting in a dark room crying for 2 weeks while i'm waiting for the repair bill. Rock crawling doesn't even look like it would be much fun to me anyways, so maybe I just don't get the whole jeep thing to begin with...

I don't get the point of spending 30k on a jeep to begin with. I know if I wanted something to drive off-road i'd get an older one for ~5000 so when I roll it over I wouldn't be sitting in a dark room crying for 2 weeks while i'm waiting for the repair bill. Rock crawling doesn't even look like it would be much fun to me anyways, so maybe I just don't get the whole jeep thing to begin with...

BINGO!

why do you thinkI own a new to me Warrior now?

Here's the off-roader';s credo.

Buy big money rig, wheel it, break it, spend money, wheel it , break more expensive ****, spend more money, repeat.

I got tired of that.

lol...you could do the same thing here. Parts ain't as expensive but still a lot to me. And when you say "break it" your more likely to be talking about bones rather than parts...lol

See i went to by a sport and start optioning it out and next thing you know its sitting at 28, right where the rubicon is. The rubicon had everything i wanted and nothing i didn't, only thing that came on this one was the cruise control, but i have used it once already just to see if it works and i can see that on a long trip when you stuck in 6th it will come in handy. I have heard alot of peole say that i spent too much on a rig, but thats usually jelousy, this rig is more then capable for anything i want to throw at it and i still have an 5 year/60,000 mile warrenty, that even covers the tires. The dealership is cool with mods, they all wheel and have invited me out to do some with them ( the service manager being the onbe who invited me.) They even suggested to me a 4x4 shop that knows exactly how far to push it without voiding my warrenty ( anything over 35's and bye bye warrenty) Jeeps are highly coveted in florida since its 72 degrees outside in january so there is no large markdown, i talked them down as far as the dealership manager would allow, i walked away and they came and got me at my truck throwing another 500 on added to my trade. And its MY MONEY, so if you have an issue with what i do with it, i would suggest finding a hobby.

"Everyone mods their jeeps, mine just starts out better then yours."- Fellow Rubicon owner

Ummm...... I missed the point where he said he was going to take it rock crawling, or offroad for that matter.

::)

See i went to by a sport and start optioning it out and next thing you know its sitting at 28, right where the rubicon is. The rubicon had everything i wanted and nothing i didn't, only thing that came on this one was the cruise control, but i have used it once already just to see if it works and i can see that on a long trip when you stuck in 6th it will come in handy. I have heard alot of peole say that i spent too much on a rig, but thats usually jelousy, this rig is more then capable for anything i want to throw at it and i still have an 5 year/60,000 mile warrenty, that even covers the tires. The dealership is cool with mods, they all wheel and have invited me out to do some with them ( the service manager being the onbe who invited me.) They even suggested to me a 4x4 shop that knows exactly how far to push it without voiding my warrenty ( anything over 35's and bye bye warrenty) Jeeps are highly coveted in florida since its 72 degrees outside in january so there is no large markdown, i talked them down as far as the dealership manager would allow, i walked away and they came and got me at my truck throwing another 500 on added to my trade. And its MY MONEY, so if you have an issue with what i do with it, i would suggest finding a hobby.

"Everyone mods their jeeps, mine just starts out better then yours."- Fellow Rubicon owner

Not to be a prick, and not to start a flame war, but if you ACTUALLY think DCX will warranty the TIRES, and ANY part on that Noobicon after you mod it, maybe you need to go to Jeeps Unlimited, and see the ACTUAL DCX warranty denials. I've dealt with Jeep denying warranties on KJ's, XJ's, TJ's...JUST because of different tires from stock.

Plus, If you think that rubi is any different than a SE, well, it is. 2 parts to be exact. 4:1 case, and lockers. EVERY Other PART is the same. I talk to people on JU allthe time that get Rubi's for under 25K LOADED.

I really could care less what you buy to tell you the truth.....I just think it' funny that another one bought into the Noobicon hype.

Have fun snapping front axles, and dealing with warranty hell.

EDIT: Oh, and see the commercials with the Rubi slogging through the mud? Look at the bottom of the Ad. In smalll print there is a disclaimer"Using vehicle in this manner will VOID your warranty"

DCX, Killing the Jeep brand since 96.

thats a nice f#%kin jeep. I always wanted a rubicon since they came out. all u got left to do is get that bad boy dirty!

nice jeep ...i bought my wife a liberty last feburary she loves it you cant beat jeeps 4x4 system ...but the bad side is she wont let me take it muddin LOL

...but the bad side is she wont let me take it muddin LOL

Same with my fiances Grand Cherokee. Once in a while I can get it dirty when I take it fishing.

Ive never been rock crawling or anything like that I just thought it looked like a cool car to cruise around in and automatics are boring to me. If you guys wanna bust someones balls about their ride I drive a 03 Honda Element with a 5 speed.

Ive never been rock crawling or anything like that I just thought it looked like a cool car to cruise around in and automatics are boring to me. If you guys wanna bust someones balls about their ride I drive a 03 Honda Element with a 5 speed.

Why in gods name would you ever get a Element...

haha those thinks look like a tupperware container with wheels

I needed something small (parking in Chicago is tough) that could hold alot of **** (for my job) and could haul my mountain bikes on the inside without
removing the front wheel. On a side note you can fit my Raptor inside and close all the doors if you tilt the bars down. It also tows my trailer which is important since Im a city boy and dont have anyplace good to ride nearby.Its a great car but it sure as **** is ugly.

rofl i think if i saw a element tow a trailer id laugh my ass off; i always wondered wtf is going through the mind of element owners - I pass them by on the road and my face must just look as if I am staring at a alien to them (trying to understand the type of people who purchase this vehicle). The more funny thing is when all the little wangsters up here turn the element and scions into little box race cars; they are fun to road race and completely own leaving them behind with their cock in their hand (_)o(_)<------8.

I am afraid not everyone uses/buys an Element for your purposes chittownpete; some have actually purchased it for looks - that is a scary thought. When I drive down the highway here and I see a young guy driving an element "faggot" always came to mind followed by some immediate laughing (Same with VW Beatles), you have swayed my opinion some what. I now partially understand "the element", you have completed one of my life quests sir.

Latest posts

Back