New Jeep

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velociraptor350

Reaction score
Traded in my 96 Grand Cherokee on a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

4.0L inline 6
6 speed Manual Tranny
Dana 44 front/rear axles/ Air lockers
4.10 gears
4:1 Rock Trac Transfer case
31" MT/R Tires/ 16x8 Moab Wheels
7 Speaker Sound/Sub/In Dash 6 Cd changer
Rubicon.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

WTF u paid all that money and they didnt even give u a roof on it... lol just kidding i wish i had one of those its nice

Thanks guys, I guess i don't have to say " Its a Jeep thing, You wouldn't Understand" here. I got my balls busted by some fuckface that i worked with:
Tom: How much that run you?
Me: 30G's
T: WTF? Thats a used viper
M: WTF do i want a used viper for? Its a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

And he walked away

I REALLY hope you didn;t pay 30G's for that.

Sticker on an unlimited Rubicon loaded is 26.5

Im not into Jeeps but GOD DAM is that cool! Im glad you didn't get no pussy automatic. 6 speed manual-- you are a real man. I like the fact you get all the important cool **** in the drivetrain. Nice work.

I don't have the heart to tell him what 15 Large will do to a stock 2006(Get em while you can..2007's SUCK BALLS) Only difference between that and an X is the 4:1 case(Atlas makes a gear drive4:1 case that makes the 241 look like do-do) Lockers Ft/R(Arb's, 800 per axle installed) 3"Lift, (again take your pick of companies...5-700 installed) and 31" tires(33's look, and whee;l better, and are about 1K for set)

20K +/= 1K would get you a rockcrawling beast, and leave you 10K for breakage.

To the OP, BE CAREFUL with the front locker. they call it a 44 axle, but it's got Dana 30(turdy) outers, and knuckles. They LOVE to snap shafts.

Im not into Jeeps but GOD DAM is that cool! Im glad you didn't get no pussy automatic. 6 speed manual-- you are a real man. I like the fact you get all the important cool **** in the drivetrain. Nice work.

Oh, and Auto's > Manuals for off roading.

FACT.

Ever try to dance on the clutch hanging off fo a rock? not fun.

[quote:95uvhoe2]Im not into Jeeps but GOD DAM is that cool! Im glad you didn't get no pussy automatic. 6 speed manual-- you are a real man. I like the fact you get all the important cool **** in the drivetrain. Nice work.

FACT.

Ever try to dance on the clutch hanging off fo a rock? not fun.[/quote:95uvhoe2]

BS-You need to find the meaning of "FACT". Your opinion, no matter how many of your friends agree with it, does not constitute "FACT". I'll take manual anyday. Get in a hole and try to rock with an automatic. Maybe you can do it some but not like with a clutch. People just forgot how to use a manual transmission. If your "dancing" on the clutch, learn to drive one before rock crawling with it.

Everyon knows you don't touch the clutch if your rally rock crawling- just the ignition.

I can tell a few here have never been hanging off of the end of a winch rope in a Standard.

Or a few people have not had a tire wedged between a few rocks.

I've been jeeping since I was 12. I DD a 88 MJ shortbed, STICK.
PreviousDD was an 86 XJ on 31's. Auto.

For ease of driving, and abuse of equipment, auto wins hands down. Especally the AW4 in the older TJ's. That trans will handle over 500 Ft/Lbs, and 600 HP STOCK. It came STOCK in Mk3 Toyota Turbo Supras.

At least he got a NV 3500 in that Robicon(not mispelled), but too bad it's an internal slave/release bearing, and are known to go around 45K miles. More if he rides the clutch stopped in neutral.

and I feel sorry for him just for the fact that he got raped on the MSRP.
Rubicon Base MSRP: $28,195
www.jeep.com

they are GIVING away 06 Unlimited Rubicons here for 23K LOADED.

[quote:q4prq0ab]Im not into Jeeps but GOD DAM is that cool! Im glad you didn't get no pussy automatic. 6 speed manual-- you are a real man. I like the fact you get all the important cool **** in the drivetrain. Nice work.

FACT.

Ever try to dance on the clutch hanging off fo a rock? not fun.[/quote:q4prq0ab]

But autos are no fun to drive on the road, and you'd have to be nuts to take a jeep that nice(and expensive) rock crawling!

Key words there: Ease of driving. Like I said, if you can't drive it DON'T drive it...lol

Been too many places and pulled out too many automatics to share in your OPINION. It just rubs me wrong when people try to pass off their opinions for facts. It confuses the youngins.

What transmission is a moot point when a winch solves every difference between the two.

And as for the poster asking about rockcrawling a 30K jeep....Why buy a rubicon then?

ONLY differences between that and an SE are geared to ROCKCRAWLING. Why buy something you will not use?

Latest posts

Back