• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to YFM350 and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need some parts for an upcoming build based on 02 frame

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But an 02 should be worth a bit more right? I don't know, A lot of people seem to think they can get like 1500+ for ones that don't look as nice as this one. I really don't think this ones got a major problem though. I'm going to swing out to look at it today it's only like 30 miles away.

Sitting 3yrs isn't to big of deal. Change the gas, oil, plug possibly the battery and clean the carb, and the airfilter

Well, I went out and saw it today. It's pretty nice. The Warrior is bigger then I expected! It does run, it started up and so I went to take it around the driveway and I got to the end and tried to turn and it just kept stalling when I let the clutch out. Then he (the girls father) kept telling me I have to let it out slowly. Well I was.... it just wouldn't stay started. Then he jumped on and it just wouldn't start back up. So we pushed it back to the garage and it started again for a few. I think the carb just needs cleaned and tuned though because it stayed started perfectly fine until I started driving it.

I gave her a 100 dollar deposit to hold it, this weekend I'll go out and pick it up. I really doubt I could do better for 800 it does look pretty good.

What the heck is with the exhaust pipes on quads? Do they all rust? Is there stainless pipes you can get or something that won't rust? And is it ok to use a pressure washer on a quad?

Could be the carb or at the very least something electrical, but should be easy to figure out once you get it home. As for exhaust theres alot now that are stainless, like (I know alot of people arnt fond of these but) The Big Gun system on my 99 is mostly stainless except the end cap which is aluminum.

Yeah the exhaust it self isn't rusted, just the pipe that goes up to the engine. I've noticed a lot of quads seem to have a rusted pipe though. I don't like to see the rust lol!

Yeah when winter comes around I'll be stripping the bike down to customize it some, and possibly do the 396 stroker kit? I have to decide weather I feel the 350 isn't enough for now. If not the 396 I'll likely get some nice shocks and +2 A-Arms.

Yeah when winter comes around I'll be stripping the bike down to customize it some, and possibly do the 396 stroker kit? I have to decide weather I feel the 350 isn't enough for now. If not the 396 I'll likely get some nice shocks and +2 A-Arms.

Id do the suspension first. The more power u have on the stock suspension the faster you will over handle it. Its actually shity even for a stock motor.

Yeah, but the question will be can I wait until christmas to change the suspension lol.

Maybe that'll give me time to find someone upgrading to a new bike that will sell some +2 A-Arms for a price I feel like paying. Then I need the +2 suspension. I'd like to do some jumps and stuff so I have no idea what's good for suspension. I weight about 230lbs right now.

Ugh......those are SO expensive though lol. Not sure I'm looking to spend 1k+ on a set of Fox's.

Air shocks are good because they are easy to adjust
They are not the best for performance because they fade faster than other performance shocks due to heat.

I bet yah the header isn't rusted, its caked on dirt and mud.

Good luck with your new build and project. Sounds like a good buy. Were all here to help yah out man. Post up some pics when you get some.

Definitely will when I pick it up. Getting a shed hopefully next week so everythings all good.

Air shocks are good because they are easy to adjust
They are not the best for performance because they fade faster than other performance shocks due to heat.

IMO air shocks are the best to trail ride and do small jumps. They are easily more of a smoother ride than oil filled shocks. But at the same time oil filled shocks light elkas, works, ect. will be better for jumping due to the fading accpect, but oil filled shocks are not as comfy for the trails

Air shocks are just so expensive though. I'd have to get them used to even fit my budget. Gotta be hard to find used air shocks I bet.

Back