need info on head and cam warrior 366

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking the motor in my 02 has got to be at least .040 over cause with 14-40 gearing she pulls the front wheels off the ground way to easy to be stock
just wish there was another way to check the bore without pulling the head

Bigger bore really doesn't add a noticeable amount of power. At .040 that is .020 removed from each side of the bore. Look at a .020 feeler gauge. It really isn't that much. Now .040 with a dome would make a difference. More compression definitely helps power. The 10.25:1 Arias I put in my Warrior made a very noticeable difference over stock.

Well its more reliable than say the 446!!! But this is reason #1 that i'm keeping my stock jug around. The extra jug I got ended up having to go to 85mm just to clean up some rust that was in it, which worked in my favor since I wanted to go that big. I also got the JE 10.5:1 piston, so I should notice a difference. Still need to get it put together so I can decide if I like the megacycle 252x1 cam

Last edited:
ok well you allseem to be very noligible and i appreciate the comments this being my first time on a fourm site. so i want to know if yall think this setup would do me good. bore .060 to a 362, P&P, kibblewhite valve spring kit, and a s1hc?

how are you boys liking those 252x1 cams? for those running them that is. i still feel like such a sap for f'n mine up the way i did when i first built my 366. :/

how are you boys liking those 252x1 cams? for those running them that is. i still feel like such a sap for f'n mine up the way i did when i first built my 366. :/

I'll tell you when I get a chance to get it put together!!! Lol I'm hoping I like it though, especially for the price I got it for!!

I'll tell you when I get a chance to get it put together!!! Lol I'm hoping I like it though, especially for the price I got it for!!

good to know. my 252 is a paper weight with the cam gear seat sheared off the end. the lobes are nice and smooth too. sucks ass! :heck:

I think you guys are talking about the wrong cam. The 252x1 is:

.450" 276° 106° Must use #101-Y spring kit. OK with stock piston. 32 btc/64 abc .006"
.450" 276" 106° Must modify valve cover for exhaust lift. Mid-range 64 bbc/32 atc .006"
and top-end power. Fast TT, enduro racing.​
Must use vernier cam sprocket to adjust power band.

The 252x2 is:

.415" 246° 106° Best all-around cam for mid-range power. OK with 17 btc/49 abc .010"
.395" 245° 106.5° stock piston. MUST use 101-Y valve springs 49 bbc/16 atc .010"​
or equivalent.

Latest posts

Back