need info on head and cam warrior 366

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider366

Reaction score
hi there im new to this site and seeking some information. ive always had warriors with just bolt on mods but i recently burnt a valve so i decided to do some more to this quad. i had it bored from the stock 82.95mm to 84.45mm which is a .060 bore making it very close to a 366cc a true 366 is 85mm bore. i am wondering if i have to use heavy duty valve springs and valves like kibblewhites? also as of the camshaft? i do alot of trail riding but equal amounts of flat suface top speed and i like to go fast. so if you could give me some information and some suggestions that would be great. thanks rider366

This conversation just came up in the thread before this one... On a mild 366, your best bet would be a Hotcam stage 1.. They don`t require aftermarket springs.

you don't necisarily need kibblewhite valves but since your in there but since your in there u might as well get the kibble valves and titanium valve springs and retainers and I would go with a hotcam stage 1

would it be ok if i were to do kibblewhite valves and hd springs only runnng at 10.5:1 compression? also what size lift on cam would you recomend ive seen alot of 366 running web .430 and i thought that may be a bit much but id like to have a setup that all works well together.

.060 over is a 362, if your riding is all kinds the web. 390 would probably make you happy. The power is through out the rpm range.

Yeah the web .390 is a great all around cam, but you need the hd springs AND hardweld rockers for it. The s1hc is very close in profile, and you don't need the springs and rockers. You can also run the megacycle 252x2 ( I believe is the part number) and they only need springs.

Last edited:
if an 84.45mm is .060 to 362cc then what bore is 366? .080? also thanks for all the comments this has been helpful so how do yall think this setup will run? a .060 bore, P&P, kibblewhite valves and springs and a web .390 cam?

would it be ok if i were to do kibblewhite valves and hd springs only runnng at 10.5:1 compression? also what size lift on cam would you recomend ive seen alot of 366 running web .430 and i thought that may be a bit much but id like to have a setup that all works well together.

Valve springs have nothing to do with what compression or valves you are running. The spring you need depends on the cam profile you run. When you start running more duration (length of time valve is open) and more lift (how far the valve opens) then you need a stronger spring to keep the valve from floating. Floating being the inability of the valve to stay closed on the seat at higher RPMs.

if an 84.45mm is .060 to 362cc then what bore is 366? .080? also thanks for all the comments this has been helpful so how do yall think this setup will run? a .060 bore, P&P, kibblewhite valves and springs and a web .390 cam?

Yep .080 over or 85mm is a 366. I should know, I have a jug and piston sitting here at 85mm just waiting to go in mine. Just gathering the last of the pieces I need.

I'm thinking the motor in my 02 has got to be at least .040 over cause with 14-40 gearing she pulls the front wheels off the ground way to easy to be stock
just wish there was another way to check the bore without pulling the head

I don't think any ATV engine is reliable at .080 or more over. We do big bore stuff for people now and again and the sleeve gets pretty thin at the bottom. When you start running more compression building more power, the sleeve tends to crack down there.

Back