my new project

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would ride it for 5hrs or so and just monitor it. Make sure all the bugs are out of it and that it runs well. Better to be safe than sorry.

Just read your whole thread. Since you had the whole top end apart (I didn't realise that), I would give it a 10 hour breakin. You'll be surpised how fast that will go by. Also, make sure the top end is getting oil! You said you heard some noise that might be coming from the top end, did you remove the small 8mm bolt RIGHT behind the right rear head bolt? That goes right into the oil passage. Crack it loose and start the engine, if no oil comes out in the 1st minute turn that bad boy off! That's directly from the Clymer manual. And last but not least, make sure to poor a half quart of oil into the head via the intake rocker cover whenever you have the top end apart. Just leave the exhaust rocker cover on so it won't spill out. After seeing the filter you pulled out you better cover the bases.

Last edited:
congrats man looks a lot better now than when you first picked it up. have a little fun before the baby is born

Well i forgot to secure one of the valve covers good enough and it kinda scared me because it was leaking oil. So its for sure getting oil to the top end. So hopefully i can go a light ride sometime this week to troubleshoot anything else that i might need to do to it. I def need to adjust my clutch becuase it doesnt engage until im about 3/4 released. And i will probably need to do some rejetting.

What dg muffler did you choose? I have their O series, and am running 155 main and a 45 pilot.

I def need to adjust my clutch becuase it doesnt engage until im about 3/4 released. And i will probably need to do some rejetting.

I only suggested it because of what you said above. If it doesn't have any black smoke under load, it's not running rich. If it doesn't surge at 3/4 or more throttle, it's not running rich. If it doesn't have a popping sound coming from the carb/airbox it's not running lean. If the head pipe isn't glowing it isn't running lean. That's just the obvious things to look for on the surface. Best to pull and inspect the plug to see how clean it is burning. I don't know about the R series but the O flows a ton of exhaust. I put the steel dg slip on on my buddies warrior and the dg instructions recommend using a 150 main. Put it in and turned out be perfect. Yours looks like an aluminum version of what I put on my buddies.

ok cool i will keep an eye and ear on those things. thanks for the help

All put back together and cleaned up

017.jpg
018.jpg
019.jpg

Really nice job! Looks great. Someone painted the body on mine and it's flaking off. That and the actual plastic is faded so I'm gunna try the headlight restoration kit w/the sandpaper and polisher. Wish I had taken pics of mine when I got it. It was best suited for parts, that's how bad it was.

WOW you really turned that thing around from when you picked it up nice work man

Thanks guys! i love this machine. I can see alot of new goodies for it in the future. Im already trying to come up with things to sell to get stuff for it haha.

Might be a dumb question, but do you have to drain the oil to change the clutch? Or does the oil drain down into the pan?

That sucks, got brand new oil in it. 20$ down the drain. All well....

i might just have to clean out a milk jug and cut the top or something to that nature. Then again it wouldnt hurt to just put new oil in it, considering how bad it was before i changed it.

DAMN, turned out great, Super clean. Looks wicked. Awesome build!

What did you end up doing with that other carb you had on the other frame?

DAMN, turned out great, Super clean. Looks wicked. Awesome build!

What did you end up doing with that other carb you had on the other frame?

Thanks man, and the carb is still hanging there. Its not like the stock one on mine. Im not familiar with it.

If you got new oil in it, just jack it up on the clutch side so the oil goes to the other side of motor, that way you dont have to drain it, thats what i did.

Damn thing turned out fuggin clean! Nice work:tup:

Back