Might be getting a 96 Blaster

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sold your ass blasters? Man, I actually liked that blue one you had.

yeah man. sold those 2 within 2 weeks of each other and bought my z400. got tired of tuning the 4mil and plus it was a scary fast ride that which i don't totally care for lol

I dunno about that beastly??
It would be cool to see someone do it though. A big bore kit, and the right gearing it would be a damn cool machine.

i gots a engine lying around. i could do it! its a big bore but i needs a bore and hone.(oil injection failed, i didnt own it then) it is scored to hell! it also needs a new case and bearings.

What would be cool is to make your own aluminum copy of the warrior's frame. Set the engine low and back in the chassis, 40ex LT set up, make the frame to accept a yfz swinger, too.

that would be damn cool. i would have to get the frame tempered too though and all that **** is expensive! i think i would make it out of 6061 aluminum if i did.

So here's the verdict on the blaster...
before he parked it last year he put new sprockets and chain, new front wheel bearings and a new reed on it.what it needs is a new throttle cable and clutch cable and possible carb work. before he parked it last year it would rev up fine in neutral and driving around but bogged under loads that's why he parked it.
today he pulled it out and sprayed some premixed gas into the intake and a couple kicks later she fired right up.
he wants $200 cash or the Wii with Mario cart bundle and $50

what do you guys think? worth it or not ?
and why is it bogging under load?
posting pics in a minute.

IMG952109.jpg

IMG951202.jpg

IMG952181.jpg

IMG958417.jpg

I can get it tomorrow but need some input from my Boys here if it's worth it or not
let me know what you guys think
all info is in post #29

dude looks good take a compression test and if its good take the deal! i love my blasty. its got a stroker crank and it kicks my warriors ass anyday! i love those things and i got tons of spare parts if ya need em. i might have some extra cables lyin round so hit me up if ya want em. (if i can find em)

Do you know how to do a leak down test on a smoker Hauler??
Thats one good thing to do over a compression test, but a comp test wouldn't hurt anything either.

Also if it starts up good but bogs under load, it could be as simple as the carb needing a good cleaning. It could have a washed main jet, it might need a new needle, or even just moving the needle up a notch could do the trick.

I say grab that little bitch!!
So what if you have to piss around with it, and throw a few parts at it..
You'll be happy with it man.. :iagree:

And if you pass up the deal you'll kick your ass for not getting it.
That quads worth more than that in parts.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree:

Not a clue Mathius.
I don't even have a comp tester(wish I did)
you think it's worth the Brand new wii with Mario cart bundle and $50 ?
are the carbs pretty straight forward like the warrior?

I just need some good input before tomorrow on weather to get her or not ya know?

Not a clue Mathius.
I don't even have a comp tester(wish I did)
you think it's worth the Brand new wii with Mario cart bundle and $50 ?
are the carbs pretty straight forward like the warrior?

I just need some good input before tomorrow on weather to get her or not ya know?
Those old round slide carbs are "really" simple.. Easier to work on than a warrior carb.
And ya I think it's worth a Wii.. He can sit inside play'n video games, while you rip it up on his old Blasty. lol

A leak down test is just to make sure the gaskets aren't blown, and the crank seals are good..
You just block off the reed cage, and exhaust port. Put a gauge on it somewhere, and pump 10lbs of air into it. Then time how long it takes the pressure to bleed off.

Yeah well if it weren't single digits outside temp I would definatly check things out better but I don't feel like freezing my ass off.

so I figure it started up so it can't be all that bad right?
and parts are cheap and plentyfull and they are easy to work on so should I just do it?

Back