Lucky to be alive... motorcycle wreck.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeathShadow

Reaction score
bike3.jpg

bike2.JPG

bike1.jpg

bike4.jpg

accidentskid.jpg

accidentplace2.jpg

accidentplace3.jpg

Today at about 1 PM EST I came around a 30 MPH bend at 85 MPH. I didn’t know the road and I over shot the turn and went down an embankment. The bike got airborn and landed on the front wheel endowing and finally flipping over throwing me into the tree pictured to the left of the rock above (you can see part of the reflector/blinker on the rock). I hit the tree back first and upside down and the bike hit my right leg and pinned me between itself and the tree. My vision quickly pixilated to white and then faded to black and shortly there after I passed out. I flipped so hard that the helmet strap cut into my neck and all across from ear to ear. My leg muscles are FUCKED but I have no fractures - I can't walk and won’t be able to for a bit but I should recover fully.

Just a lesson to always wear your helmet and ride safe.

The bike is totaled; Today was a reality check and im lucky to be alive.

- Death

Damn thats crazy but glad to hear your going to be ok. wouldnt have thought so after looking at those pics. I have a few buddies who ride but I wont get into it because I cant afford to get hurt and wreck . . . Just be happy your in one piece

holy ****... you're lucky as hell! (that you didn't get any serious injuries, still piss-poor luck that you wrecked)

I knew a guy in high school that had a bike wreck that seems minor compared to yours, and he ended up with broken vertebrae and all that good ****... had to wear this thing that looks like a turtle shell for a few months. He was still going to doctors for it over a year after it happened and he still was having problems when we graduated... so yeah you're lucky

That really sucks. Good to hear that you werent seriously hurt and get well soon.

Wrecking a streetbike is hit or miss.... You can be going 25mph and get killed, or over a hundred and walk away. I've had three pretty good wrecks on sport bikes. The last one was at approx. 110mph, and I walked away. Actually, I rode away. Picked up my parts and rode it home....lol. You know what they say about the two types of riders (those who've been down, and those who will go down). If you haven't already done it, but yourself some leathers. If the frame isn't toast it's a good time to polish it while it's all torn down. Count your blessings, and if you can, try to save the racing for the track. I don't ride anymore because I can't throw my leg over a 180mph missle without using it for what it was intended...lol. Anyways, you've a very lucky man.

Okay first off someone should smack the hell out of you (and yakuza) for pulling those kinds of speeds especially on a road in which you don't know! Then again, it sounds like you did get the **** smacked outta ya pretty good!

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you more or less walked away....limped? Either way, nothing broken but some pride and a bike. As said before, the bike can be replaced. Sounds like a hell of a ride!

Anyways, get some rest and take care of yourself.... hopefully recovery will come easily...

jesus death were all glad your ok.. I always where my helmet iv seen to many get hurt/killed over the past for years for plushing there quads/ 3 wheelers, dirtbikes, crotchrockets limit with out a brain bucket on.

Jesus Death, you musta really pissed someone off in a previous life!! Karma is shitting all overe you lately!

Sorry to hear, man. I think I speak for all of us when
I say we wish you a speedy recovery.

Take it easy and don't push the recovery too hard. Don't want to set yourself back for the rest of the season....

....must be something in the water here in NY.

God Damn man..slow down.........naw I here ya ,I myself have had some very close calls...I still have my best scar..It goes from my bellybutton clear to my side from plastics ripping through my leathers!!!...Reminds me why i dont ride them anymore!!..lol...be safe and heal well man!

You're lucky man. I lost a friend last year when he lost it and went into some trees. Bigger trees and many more of em than what is pictured above. He was going way too fast and it looked like he would have actually rode it out if a peg hadn't caught a tree. I don't think he knew what hit him. At least you survived this reality check. Hope ya remember it next time...lol.

Heal quick, friend.

pdxguy, I know the roads I ride well. What can I say, **** happens sometimes....lol. That's why I don't ride anymore, I have two kids and a wife to think about. It's just not worth the risk to me anymore, even though I love riding. Oddly enough, in ten years riding (knock on wood) I've never wrecked a quad bad enough to get hurt. Anywyas, get well DeathShadow. And count your blessings, I'm sure you know how it could have turned out......

Well I dunno what I can say that hasn't been said multiple times already, so I'll just join the list. Get well man, and don't take the physical therapy as a joke man, that stuff helps out quite a bit. I'm speaking from experience, don't rush your healing it will happen, and it will feel like it's taking forever too... Get well soon.
~Bill

**** death what would we do without you??!! hah recover qucik and get riding, glad to hear your alright man

Ive worked on alot of peoples bikes at my shop, and the one thing that gets me ....is even though they have friends that have DIED doing the same thing...they still choose to **** around , this past weekend, a friend of mine was doing a 65mph stand up and went backwards, hes been riding for years and knows what hes doing, but he still went back and totalled( a freshly painted) brand new Ninja.....and luckily for him he broke his toe. But he is already looking for another bike to ride on. I hope ya get better soon, but learn from your mistake, and stop playing with your life.

Back