Jets for my set-up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it back started today, it needs a boot, taking it to have the carb. redone tomorrow, hopefully ill have a good ride day labor day weekend

I picked the warrior up this afternoon and its better than I had even planned, any tips on keeping it maintained really well besides the usual oil changes and all?

I picked the warrior up this afternoon and its better than I had even planned, any tips on keeping it maintained really well besides the usual oil changes and all?
really it only needs regualr maintance, oil changes, lube the chain, grease the zerks, and every few months adjust the valves.

okay, Just wondering why do the valves need adjusting every few months? Just to keep them from getting too out of hand? Also another quick question how easy should the clutch handle pull? Mine seems a little stiff, would it be due to the cable being old and sitting for a few years??

thanks, with that rappy change would I need just get rid of all the parking brake equiptment?

Keep fresh gas in it at all times.....if you store it for longer than two months....fill it with race fuel (VP or Torco).
If you do this....you will never tear into the carb again....it works.

Jebby

thanks, with that rappy change would I need just get rid of all the parking brake equiptment?
you can use the oem clutch handle and leave your parking brake if you want. much cleaner look with it all gone and one day you'll start to have parking brake issues, that's why I removed mine

Or you could do like the rest of us do and turn the gas of every time you are done riding it

This doesn't even do it sometimes due to the fuel in the bowl.....
My warrior had three year old gas in it and the petcock was off....
the inside of the carb had been reduced to a sticky schlack....
On my Honda's they store with race fuel...and are fired every once in a
while to flush the carbs out.....
It doesn't matter if it is a Quad, bike, whatever....if it is gravity feed...
pump gas will screw it up after two months or so....

Jebby

not always if you ride it once a month or so its going to be fine on pump gas as long as you turn the petcock off when your done maybe race fuel is better but i dont see and inprovement to that metod or you could do like i do when i go to store one drain the fuel and run it till it runs out of fuel then theres no fuel to gum up

here in town we have a gas station locally owned who claims to have no ethanol in their gas (about 10 cents higher than any other station in town), so I am going to start putting 93 pump in the quad from there, and add some sta bil in the tank every few fill ups to ensure it good, maybe even a splash of seafoam just to keep it good and clean. Sounds good?

rode a lot today out on a buddies farm, ran for hours without a hitch, super fun to run through the gears on the gravel or just do some small 1st gear wheelies. I havent mastered the wheelie yet haha

timing i key when going a wheelie gassing it and pulling up on the bars and pushing down on the pegs at the just right moment takes time to master but you will get it good to hear its running good!

thanks ya'll. I sure wish some of the farmers in the area were a little more generous. There isnt that many places to ride around here, so its either sneaking around or having to be content in small areas for now. Im just happy to be out riding

here is a link to a few places to ride in Arkansas http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/arkansas_list.htm

If you want to check other states just click the home tab on the page and pick a state

Sweet link elwood, this is cool. Got some good places am looking it now, the listings are good even some have vids loaded on it. Also gives good listings of whats around, camping eats gas, and info and rules on the ride area.

Back