Jets for my set-up

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foxbody82

Reaction score
I have a DG slip on muffler, K&N filter, modified airbox, and all stock internals. What jets should I use? I am about to put a kit in the carb and clean it, so I figured I might as well go ahead and fix the jets to the proper sizes. Any ideas on what sizes to use?

Im sure others will chime in but its best to start rich and work your way leaner, im at 155 main and 45 pilot i was recommended these number by a few people on this site.

alright, The guy i bought it from said the previous owner rejetted it to match already, but something just doesnt seem right, It refuses to idle unless the choke is fully engaged and then its idle is either very high or very low. when the choke is released it just slows to the point of it dying. Think a good cleaning and a kit will fix this?

Check the intake boot look for cracks....between the carb and head...very easy to not see......

Jebby

^ what he said but how you do it is have it cranked and running spray starter fluid on the intake boot if the motor revs its bad if not then your fine there btw have you adjusted the idel any? Its the screw with the spring on the left side its pointed down and it looks like its supposed to adjust it with your hand run it in to idel it up out to idel it down

alright ill check that in the morning, so would the intake boot being cracked cause a very unsteady idle and other throttle problems? If i go over any rough terrain it doesnt want to act right, it wont idle or continually run unless the choke is activated, and it will try and die at random times if im just riding around the yard in 1st and 2nd, and yes I played with the idle screw this afternoon, and it didnt help or hurt the problems at all, it really didnt even change the idle speed that much

If your boot is ok, pull the carb and clean it, clean it good, everything. And even if it looks clean when you tear into it, it's not so clean it anyway

Soak the carb in a gallon bucket of carb cleaner, it's the best way to be sure all the passages are clean. I soaked mine for 4 hours. You have to make sure you pull off all rubber seals and parts. I'd just get a rebuild kit as they are only like 20 bucks.

If your boot is ok, pull the carb and clean it, clean it good, everything. And even if it looks clean when you tear into it, it's not so clean it anyway

Yes +1 on that.....the Idle circuit in these carbs is very small......
Berryman brand carb spray is the most potent stuff out there.....
and you will need compressed air with a blow gun of some type....
if the idle and intermedeate circuits are clean....and the intake boot is
undamaged...it should run fine :)

Jebby

Thanks guys, Im going to try the brake fluid test after class at noon, and if thats not the problem then ill pull the carb off, tear it down, and leave it in cleaner over night

also any chance some problems could be caused by some problems on how the crank case is evacuated?

this is starting to get frustrating, went out just now and was going to try the boot test. tried starting it and gas was going everywhere. So im just going to take the carb off, rebuild and clean it, and buy a new boot just to make sure. I guess you get what you pay for

Yeah well hopefully the rebuild and boot will fix the issues. I'm ready to ride ha

Latest posts

Back