its been awhile-may be coming back

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well good then u can help me out a bit then maybe ... what is a good oil mix ratio .... it has a fmf pipe and that it as far as i know now .. it my have a after market filter.. not sure yet .. and no clue about the carb jets .. i guess i'll just have to wait and pull it aprt to check, or do u know a safe bet on the oil mix so i dont screw it up.. i dont know much about the 2 smokes..

how tall are you and what do you weigh? they are to small for my liking, not comfortable on them.

lol... yea they r small .. but it will do for now i guess .. im 5'11',190lbs,athletic build,brown hair,hazel eyes, and lookin for love ......lol

i'll trade it for a warrior if anyopne wants to deal...

oh deadlast! i found to a boy fran ;) haha.

jetting on 2strokes is a whole nother world! to properly jet a 2 stroke you have to perform "spark plug chop"

1. Get new spark plug(s), but don't put them in yet.
2. Warm up motor to operating temp on old plugs.
3. Install new plugs.
4. Accellerate through all gears to top gear with throttle pinned.
5. When you hit the top of the top gear, hit the kill switch and
pull in the clutch.
6. Remove the spark plug(s) and ride home on the old plug(s).
7. Hold the new plug in a vise and use a hacksaw to cut the threads
away from the center electrode.
8. You should see a brown 2mm "smoke ring" at the base of the
white center electrode if the main jets are dialed in perfect.
9. if the smoke ring is darker than chocolate brown or taller
than 2mm, you're rich on the mains, but if it revs clean to full
throttle, you can leave it there and be on the rich side.
10. If the smoke ring is smaller than 2mm or lighter than chocolate
brown, you're lean on the mains, go up a size and try again.

http://www.dansmc.com/spark_plugs/spark_plugs_catalog.html

as for oil ratio i always run "golden spectrum" in mine at about 32:1

blaster040.jpg

blaster042.jpg

the first cranking of it :)
blaster030.jpg

blaster032.jpg

blaster035.jpg

Blaster006-1.jpg

Blaster002-1.jpg

Blaster017-1.jpg

Blaster019-1.jpg

Blaster022-1.jpg

Blaster005.jpg

Blaster006.jpg

Blaster019.jpg

oh deadlast! i found to a boy fran

^^warriorgirl09^^

heres lookin at you baby!!....lol .. the ole stink eye...
old pic me being stupid one night...

100_0249-1.jpg

well im back... sorta

i got the blaster i posted in my other post .. it looks rough needs a few things.... but holy **** is it fast!!!!..... theres no way its stock... it blows the warriors i had out of the water... or maybe i just dont know how fast a blaster is suppose to be .. but man it accells extremely fast.. way faster than the warrior.....has a uni filter and fmf full ex. other than that i dont know

i need a front brake perch and lever, gonna swicth over to warrior brakes and some point but for now i need some sort of brakes(it has none!)

as said b4 if anyone want to trade for a warrior let me know, this blaster is stupid fast but im much more at home with a 4 stroke

also it doesnt idle... i runs great just wont idle u let off the gas and it dies.... dirty carb i guess??

Check for are leaks around the intake. The blasters and banshee's have a T.O.R.S system that knows where the carb should be and how it should run and if it starts sucking air (running super lean) the system shuts the engine off. and 2 smokes (because the oil) stop carbs up easier than a 4 stroke so clean it good and tune it

well ...i fixed a few things on it 2 night...
the carb was pretty dirty,clumps of dirt in the blow and other places,the air box and intake tube were caked in dirt and dried mud. its amazing that it even ran as dirty as it was in there. i took the carb apart,took out the jets,float,needle,etc.. and sprayed it all out and wiped it all down. took out the reeds looked them over thay looked fine (i guess) no holes or tears or what ever.as far as a tear in the intake boot i will have to take a better look in the morning. i dont think there is any but i will look better tomorrow. the rear carrier was missing the lower adjuster nut the bolt was there just no nut. so i fixed that so the axle would quite jumppin around. the head light had a plug undone,the brake didnt work front or rear. i adjust the rears and got them working. the fronts need a new lever and perch<<(there isnt one there as of now) and probally new shoes. the adjusters r screwed all the way in. may be able to readjust the arms and get a lil more life out of them. the chain was shot all to hell. sevral links were locked up, and it was missing atleast half the rollers. so i put one of my old spare warrior chains on it. that about it for now .. have to wait til the mornig to fire it up and see how it does ...so until tomorrow. see ya .. oh .. whats the factory setting for the air/fuel screw?? just thought i should check that while im at it

sleep well my love (warriorgirl09) i'll see u in my dreams.....wow thats so corny... gotta work on that

best i remember it's 1 1/2 - 2 turns out. i remember mine being on 2 1/4. it had a opened air box with a uni filter and full DG exhaust

best i remember it's 1 1/2 - 2 turns out. i remember mine being on 2 1/4. it had a opened air box with a uni filter and full DG exhaust

that what i have .. i have uni,open box and fmf gold... so i turned it 2 1/4 ..now as far as motor work i have no clue. the good news is after tearing it apart and cleaning the carb it idles now and runs grrrrreat.....does run perfect but pretty close ..probally need some minor tweeking to the jets. still have some work to do but its up and runnin pretty good for now. i took it on a ride just now for a few hours it did good , didnt stall or cut off. it has a little hesitation at low thorttle, but not bad... or maybe im just not use to 2 smoke yet

ok .. now this is gonna sound stupid so bare with me .....

how the hell do u check the tranny oil level???

there is a cap one the right side case in front of the kick start lever.... but its just a cap .. no stick thingy on it to read the oil level????

nevermind .. i found it.. stupid as hell design thou
the window is so freekin caked with mud i cant see ****..and in order to clean it u have to take off the foot peg and rear brake level and other **** ....

2smokes shouldn't have ANY hesitation when you poke at it. low end. turn your screw out another 1/4 turn. and as said dont screw with jets till you do a plug chop to see where it needs to go

im really starting to not like blasters!!!

ok so i went to change my oil anddddddddd

the freekin drainplug/bolt is stuck. i broke one wrench,tried to vise grip it, no luck, tried nocthing
it with a flat head, no luck ...so my question is can i weld a nut to the drain bolt and then back it out that way? or will the welder ingnite the tranny oil?? which i think it will.... help me !!

hmmm i had that prob my bro inlaws warrior. the previous owner rounded the head off. so i tried vise grips and no luck. so i kept the vice grips on the plug and slowly heat aroung the outside of the plug up with a small propane torch. aluminum will get warm fast, then try and loosin it. warm up the cases around the plug... not the plug...

shouldn't as long as you seal the breather tube off air tight, tighten the filler plug up tight (seal it air tight). and tack weld in short burst making sure to let it cool all the way in between welds

Back