its been awhile-may be coming back

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2000warrior350

Reaction score
so yea its been awhile since ive been here i sold off both my warriors sevral of you guy should remember me, any ways i sold off my warriors quite sometime ago and got a 06 660 grizzly.. well ive sold that about 4 months ago and have been atv-less since. i have a chance to get another warrior for a pretty good price i think just want some input from you guys below is a list of the "specs" ....the motor "knocks" they say and was looked at by the local shop . a trusted atv dealer and was told it was the timing chain.. which sounds about right for these warriors i know from exp. that the timing chain can become quite loud on these atv's if left unchanged for a while.. with all the upgrades it currently has it sounds like a pretty good deal to me.. the guy selling it says he took it on a trade and just doesnt ride it , he has a 400ex he rides.... so what u guys think? would be nice to get back to the yfm community .... oh by the way hes askin $650
so in my opinon if all it needs is the timing chain, which i have the puller to do it myself then sound like a good deal to me

and the pipe is indeed a fmf some re-re just painted it blue to try to macth the bike

one other thing which timing chain do you recommend? DID?

yamaha warrior 350 04.it has newer tires on the rear and new front right tire,new starter,new battery.pro taper bars,barnett clutch,new front and rear sprockets along with new chain,extra sprockets and chain.k and n air filter fmf exhaust bored .040 over instead of the stock 83 mm its 84mm new wiseco piston/rings,along with all new gaskets,new stator,and coil,new clutch cable,new seat cover
04warriorl.jpg

04warriorr.jpg

Welcome back dude. Why you sell the grizz?

.40 bore would make it 85mm. Looks like a killer deal to me for $650, knock or not (you can gas off that spray paint on the exhaust) What does the knock sound like to you come from the top or bottom end? Its it in time and what is the valve clearance like. All things I would check.

well, i sold the grizzly pretty much because im stupid...lol... my brother come over and rode it one day<<1st mistake.. well he rode it like it was a 450r or something just hammering down on it everywhere... spinning out and doin dounuts on the pavement.. well anyone that knows about grizzlys will know that its biggest down fall is the stock axles/cv joints... well needless to say he snapped the rear axles and cv's.... so theres about $800 wroth of repair.. a guy just so happened to come along in the next few day after it broke(while i was still all depressed about it) and offered me $3000 for it as is ... so .........i took it... really wished i wouldnt have now but oh well you live and learn i guess

as fars as all the "check list" u have .. i dont knowthe quad is 3 hrs away from me we;re suppose to meet up in a week or 2 but i dont know if i'll be able to check those things or not .. if it fires up and runs i can listen for the noise.. i know what it "should" sound like if its the cam chain.. as far as valves and timing check i'll have to do that after i buy it if i do ...but as long as it fires up and runs i should be good .. the rest is minor, i hope

yeah, welcome back man. that is worth $650 to me. shouldn't take much to make it right.

I seen this quad on Craigslist also, just a couple hours away from myself. Should be a good starter project. I hope you get it. be nice to see you around here again.

"If it cranks, ride it"

yea, if it bottom end i know better.. crank or whqtever else may be going out .. i hope it just cam chain slap.....we'll see

hey .. i was thinkin ... if this quad has been bored and all that .. that mean the top end has been off obviously... now if the timing wasnt set back right been it was put back together then the piston and vales wont be insnyc. now could the "knock" hes talkin about be from it being out of time and the piston and the valves coming in contact with each other?... i know that when i did my 1st timing chain i didnt get the timing back right, fired it up and it made an awful banging noise, after i fixed the timing it still made a tick/knock for the rest of the time i had it , just not as loud....

Could be, If its top end tick, Id check the valve gap and timing and see if the chain is stretched at all. (easy stuff)

If its bottom end tick, I'd be leary to buy.

yea i know how to do all that . i was just thinkin about it and thought id ask .. hopefully i'll have somthin to ride soon:(

idk man if its outta time and the valves hit the piston, i dont care what anyone says the valves will need replaced cause they WILL be bent. ive seen way to many drag car motors get destroy because the timing was way off and the valves come in contact w/ the piston, it usually takes out the valves, piston, and might even mess up the head...

yea.. i know .. just a thought i will check it out b4 i make the deal if he ever calls back

Could be, If its top end tick, Id check the valve gap and timing and see if the chain is stretched at all. (easy stuff)

If its bottom end tick, I'd be leary to buy.

could be "spark knock" could be valve and piston making contact, could be poor adjusted valves, could be timing chain. but this is all easy to fix.
bottom end. from my exp the middle bearing goes bad before the 2 outer ones. this isn't a problem to fix (if your comfy with spliting cases) all in all if you can work on it yourself it's a good buy as long and it's not straight out hammering.

what about it knocking from running low grade fuel? my 87 has a high compression wiesco piston in it and after i rebuilt it i used 87 octane and she was pingin pretty good, now i use 93 or higher and she runs nice and quite

thats referred to as "spark knock" the fuel ignites before the spark plug sparks and you hear a knocking sound from the spark plug sparking while fuel is burning

well... i may be back today!!.. just not on a warrior, i got a offer to trade for a blaster
it needs brakes.... some lady bought it for her 60lbs son ... a bit small of a kid for a blaster.. she said its wayyy to fast for him and he wants a xbox for christmas so we are "suoppse" to meet up this afternoon and swap ..... a 360 elite for a blaster .... i'll take that trade anyday what do ya'll think .....
blaster.jpg

funny thing? i traded my blaster for a premium 36o with all rockband games and guitar hero games and i got $550 to boot XD

Oh i'm a blaster/2smoke know it all :p need any help lmk

Back