INTERNAL ENGINE

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2ksuperglide

Reaction score
okay i been working on four wheelers since i was little and know quite a bit about them. but never once went internal engine. but as a project from now till spring thats what im going to be doing on my warrior. im looking to make it have a lot of low to mid power but not worried that much about going 100 mph. (not practicle on a four wheeler to me) and i was wondering the best, most important, and what brands to use when doing all my internal engine work. i was thinking about just going out and finding the 440 big bore kit? i think thats it, plus as many other mods i can do in there. Help is greatly appreciated.
thanks a lot.

RMC, shut the hell up.

if you want to get a 440 of 446 big bore kit, you'll want to look at "four stroke tech". they seem to have some of the best engine mods for the warrior on the net.

http://www.fourstroketech.net/

RMC, shut the hell up.

if you want to get a 440 of 446 big bore kit, you'll want to look at "four stroke tech". they seem to have some of the best engine mods for the warrior on the net.

You shut the hell up there ksc. RMC has been around a hell of a lot longer than you have/ever will be and knows a lot more as well. I completely agree with RMC, just get a 450 and get it over with.

i did 10.5to1 piston,web.390cam,yoshi f/s,p&p,filter,jetted.cost me about 800.00 and was well worth it.
i ride all tight trails and can run with any 4000or450.

[quote:vtls2224]RMC, shut the hell up.

You shut the hell up there ksc. RMC has been around a hell of a lot longer than you have/ever will be and knows a lot more as well. I completely agree with RMC, just get a 450 and get it over with.[/quote:vtls2224]

i agree. it would make sense to the normal person. but i am in love with warriors and like it better when a smaller sized quad is built and is out there beating the 450's you tell me to save my money on. and the next reason is i have to do a senior project in order to graduate high school. and that would be perfect. i am not worried about time or money. i got a job and money is fine. and i have untill may to do it. so ima take my time, do it right, spend some extra money. and have what i want. i totally understand where yall come from. this is just what i think is in order for me to do. and its what ive been wanting to do since i first rode a warrior.

i think that if he wants help with his YFM350 on a YFM350 site you should help or not respond.

i think that if he wants help with his YFM350 on a YFM350 site you should help or not respond.

thank you. i totally agree. i am not trying to be rude, but i didnt post this topic to ask peoples opinion if what im doing is dumb or not, evrybodys oppinion is different. the main thing is this is what i want to do for my SENIOR PROJECT thats what i been saying all along. ill go ahead and spend the money on it, because it is what i wish to do.
now can some more people post up the best engine upgrades, and name brands i can do to a warrior?
like always i greatly appreciate the help.

I'll here to to take a more friendly approach to this thread. Yes a 450 would a great idea, but then again if we ALL went and bought 450s there would be no use for this site, or all of "everybody's" vast knowledge of the warrior.......
Obviously your mom's never made you watch Bambi as a kid: " if you don't have something nice to say, don't say nothin at all..." Regardless of "how long you've been around...."

On that note, the best person to talk to would be Dave76. He's posted all of his build here and there on this forum, which is the FST 446 kit. Him and Jasonp have also discussed to death, all of the cams that are available for the warrior. I too have done the same mods as 350bo and it's a nice kick in the pants for the money. I believe Dave spent a little over 1500 to do his motor(don't quote me on that).

There's also the 400 stroker kit from Hotrods which is a drop in kit, no machining required, and can usually be had for somewhere around 500 bucks,(crank and special piston). A good cam will run ya around 150 to 200 bucks.

Hope this was the kind of info you were looking for.

yes it was thank you. but what about doing work to the head? is that worth the money or no?

also before I start a buildup I would decide how much money you want to spend on the motor or other parts of the bike, $500 $700 or whatever is in the budget. then you can find out what combination will work best for the money you want to spend.

sounds like a good project.

Honestly I would say just have somebody do a good valve job maybe a little clean up in the ports and call the head good. Going to a larger intake valve and having a full port job is expensive for the gain you get, but it's worth it if you're trying to get every last bit out of the engine.
Personally I wouldn't have the head shaved as you can do the same with a custom gasket for cheaper and still get your .040" of deck.
There are couple things when deciding on what type of engine to build.
Do you want more of a torque motor or high rpm rever? Do you want to run pump gas or racing fuel?
How much money do you want to spend? Answer these questions honestly and you've made the first step on what parts to buy.

I am one also to say ditch the warrior and buy a 450 with taht money , But your not here for that nor asking so , if your going to build your motor go all out or nothing, I copied this right outta one of Dave's post,

I know that 500 musta been sick, Mickey said top speed on that thing is like 90 MPH. The parts he used anyone can get, it's a bigbear/kodiak cylinder, & rod, which happen to be about 3 or 4 mm taller then the warrior, stock warrior crank stroked to 77mm, and the Kodiak cylinder resleeved and bored to 90mm that brings displacement up to 490cc, and that still leaves a 1mm overbore which will end up at 501cc.

I say do that ! I mean those parts arent relativly diffcult to find nothing special you cant find on ebay. Now for finding more info on that i would talk to dave he's the man on Big bore strocker madness or even call FST.

~Eddie

I wounder if you could bore/stroke the bigbear cylinder out to get like a 550 or 540? If you could that would be a hell of a ride. Probably in the triple digests

Latest posts

Back