INTERNAL ENGINE

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow. well thanks guys. now i have many options and things to think about before making my decision. that big bear/kodiak setup you were talking about sounds like it might b right 4 me, im going to do research on that now. and just leave the head alone besides valve job.

Honestly if I were to ever do a big bore stroker kit it would be with CWR and dave would say the same thing. 460cc kit all the way.
The 500cc is big as you can go as far as stroke and bore goes. It's all the cases will machine to and is big as you can go.

okay. i really like the big bear/kodiak setup you were talking about. but i have never went internal engine before. so i have no clue on how that is done. do u put that motor in the warrior? or do you just put those parts in the warrior or what? **this would be a great tutorial to post up if someone knows all the how to's**

there is so much to understand that it would be very hard for someone that hasn't done any engine work before to understand... not trying to be a a hole or anything.

My advice to you , You said you dont have any experence in the "internal" motor department It seems you have a basicly mechanical knowledge on the rest of your quad. So I would first things first invest in a repair manual thats number one , Next your are going to want to make a list of all the detailed parts you need and services you are going to need, for example you are going to need the cylinder, rod, haveing your cylinder resleved to the specific size ect.ect. Next after you made a complete list of what you need your going to have to start looking for parts and find a place that will do your resleveing and mechine work done.Once you are done finding out where you are getting the needed clyinder bore ect work done you can buy your parts. once you have all your parts send out the parts that need altering to a good shop, and when they come back your ready. I think with a manual and a good ridding buddie your your dad or someone with some understanding of what your doing between you him/her and your trusty manual i think you won't have trouble making this possible and I know alot of people on this site will be glad to help you as much as they can. Just remember take your time.

~Eddie

Yeh take your time for sure. First time i did a rebuild i rushed and coasted me 700 for Yamaha to do it.

yeah. im def gonna take my time on it. thats what im saying. its my senior project i have to do in order to graduate. i have to start it soon and be done my this may. im not only doing the motor. im pretty much gonna restore it and make it as fast and good locking as possible. i know evrything else i only need help with the motor ****. and i greatly appreciate evrybody on this site for helping me. ive learned so much in just about 2 weeks on here.

Back