i need y'all's opinions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warrior87sambo

Reaction score
so i parted out the warrior, and sold my banshee. i wanna get another quad (or dirt bike) but i am kinda disappointed in the warriors or at least mine. ive seen some pretty badass ones on here tho. my thing is, i would like another warrior cause not trying to sound weird or anything but i really like this forum and i wanna do a build... but i dont wanna dump a bunch of money into it just to get it running i would rather be buying shocks and stuff like that. the other option would be a yz250 two stroke. i really like those bikes but all my riding buddies ride quads and its not the best trail bike lol. i do mostly trail riding btw. i would do another warrior it if i got a steal on a second gen bike that needs a little work but not a ton like my last one :p.

I would find a cheaper, not beat to Hell 2nd gen and put a 10.5:1 JE piston and a good cam in it. Not too much but a lot better performance

so i parted out the warrior, and sold my banshee. i wanna get another quad (or dirt bike) but i am kinda disappointed in the warriors or at least mine. ive seen some pretty badass ones on here tho. my thing is, i would like another warrior cause not trying to sound weird or anything but i really like this forum and i wanna do a build... but i dont wanna dump a bunch of money into it just to get it running i would rather be buying shocks and stuff like that. the other option would be a yz250 two stroke. i really like those bikes but all my riding buddies ride quads and its not the best trail bike lol. i do mostly trail riding btw. i would do another warrior it if i got a steal on a second gen bike that needs a little work but not a ton like my last one :p.
Dude you should have kept the banshee lol! I have a tri z 250 I just picked up its nasty to! So a yz 250 motor would be bad ass but not as bad as the banshee!

Dude you should have kept the banshee lol! I have a tri z 250 I just picked up its nasty to! So a yz 250 motor would be bad ass but not as bad as the banshee!

I've had it for 4 years i am just ready for something new. it was a sweet ride though. i put a lot of time into that old girl. but yeah my buddy has a tri z 250. im not a big three wheeler guy though. i have a honda 150f that i scoot around on but there is absolutely no torque on that thing lol.

and if any of you happen to know of any cheap 2nd gens let me know! i would like to not spend more than $1000 if at all possible

Completely forgot about vitos key! I'm doing that exact thing I said when she erupts :)

that is another reason i sold it. those things are not made for trail riding. i got so sick of waiting half an hour in 100 degree heat at the end of the trail for whoever had the truck keys cause they were riding warriors haha. im out in northern VA. probs too much of a drive to go up to NY. I dont mind if the top end is fucked up as long as the electronics work and there is a spark. god i hate electronics with a bloody passion. thats why i dont have the 87 anymore. that thing was a such a bitch.

yeah, I'm sure your 1st gen was beat befor you got it. Just look for a good solid stockeer base to work off of and build yourself a trustworthy trail quad. Warriors are built for the trail, literally, they the most sporty trail / non utitlyquad you could get in their heyday. think is, you really have to find the right quad, not just pop on the first one you find because its cheap.

yeah i am looking but people are insane. haha. i still dont know if i want a warrior to be honest with you. unless i get an absolute steal on one. otherwise i might actually get a 660 or 400.

I would stick with the Warrior, 400ex, or LTZ for trail quads. All very bulletproof, and all take mods well. The Warrior is top of my list because it's tough, easy to mod, parts are cheap, has two ways to start it (if adding pull start), and handles good with steering/suspension work. EX is 2nd, mainly because it has no reverse before 05. Rides and handles good in stock form, but it too loves mods. LTZ 3rd, because it is top heavy, and not as cheap as the other two to mod.

and if any of you happen to know of any cheap 2nd gens let me know! i would like to not spend more than $1000 if at all possible

I've seen several nice 2gen on New Jersey Craigslist . One guy had a clean 1st gen and 2gen for 1,500 each original owner with papers . Very very clean fam. Near new condition if I find te ad again ill send you the link but look around there still out there in good codition

I would stick with the Warrior, 400ex, or LTZ for trail quads. All very bulletproof, and all take mods well. The Warrior is top of my list because it's tough, easy to mod, parts are cheap, has two ways to start it (if adding pull start), and handles good with steering/suspension work. EX is 2nd, mainly because it has no reverse before 05. Rides and handles good in stock form, but it too loves mods. LTZ 3rd, because it is top heavy, and not as cheap as the other two to mod.

thanks man that helps. im probably going to get another warrior. but not a first gen. it just seems like you cant do as much as far as arms and **** like that unless you are a master metal fabricator (i am not lol). i found a 400ex for 600 of cl cause it needs a timing chain. i might go look at it but i kinda want reverse haha

thanks man that helps. im probably going to get another warrior. but not a first gen. it just seems like you cant do as much as far as arms and **** like that unless you are a master metal fabricator (i am not lol). i found a 400ex for 600 of cl cause it needs a timing chain. i might go look at it but i kinda want reverse haha

Deft going to want that reverse if trail riding is your thing also are you referring to 2nd gen a-arms??

true but you cant get extended ones. also you are limited to the stock bumper. and finding those parts can be a bitch. plus i like the look of the second gens better. and the fact that a lot of the electrical parts are interchangeable 97-01 i believe. and that makes all the difference in the world.

Latest posts

Back